Spin and Margie's Desert Hideaway
US$62
US$58
Safari Motor Inn - Joshua Tree(Joshua Tree)(Great Value!)
US$75
Priceline
Super 8 Yucca Val/Joshua Tree Nat Pk Area(Yucca Valley)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$64
US$140
BestWestern.com
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites(Yucca Valley)(Great Value!)
US$66
Sands View Motel(Yucca Valley)
US$64
US$94
US$78
Pioneertown Motel(Pioneertown)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$220
  • Free Internet
Harmony Motel(Twentynine Palms)(Great Value!)
US$116
US$93
Joshua Tree Inn(Joshua Tree)
All reviewsthe kitchenprivate patiojoshua tree national parklove this placelounge chairswe loved our staygas grillshort driveyucca valleyoff the highwaypots and pansmagical placean oasisthe perfect place to staywest entrancemain roommaggies
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Our two night stay to see the beauties of Joshua Tree National Park was markedly enhanced by the charm and warmth of Spin and Margie's. As others have noted, the charm starts when you first enter the driveway. Our room (Cabin #5) was ample sized, nicely decorated, good space for reading or working on computer, fully equipped with amenities for a home away from home including CD's and DVD's to play on provided equipment. Just listing what was included really doesn't do justice to the overall inviting ambiance. The nice big bathtub was appreciated. Mindy, the owner, gave us some good tips on places to see in the area and was quite gracious. Her photographer husband's photos are nicely displayed on the wall. Joshua Tree is a very small town - location is convenient to all but with a nice bit of a slightly remote feeling.

Room Tip: Cabin #5 (Cactus Wren) very lovely and ample sized for 2 people who do not need kitchen. It does have a small refrig which we used. Separate cabin from other rooms but I didn't see any of those.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I was expecting a sweet little place when I made my reservations with Spin and Margie's. I was delighted when I drove into the parking area and even more so when I walked into my motel room. I found it to be tastefully decorated. The size was nice with some room to spread out. There is also some outside sitting area that attracts many birds. A lovely space to relax after a day of hiking in Joshua Tree National Park. Margie is friendly and helpful in the ways that you would hope for. I was quite pleased to find some vegetarian restaurants and a good cup of coffee in the town of Joshua Tree. Location, location, Spin and Margie's has a great location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

This place was so special from our turn onto the property until the time we hit our pillows at night.
The amenities were perfect and our private backyard not only had a fountain, it also had a great view of the snow covered mountains.
We went for our 25th anniversary and to hike my favorite park, Joshua Tree.
We now have a new fav place in Joshua and that place is the Hideaway.
Thanks Margie!

Room Tip: We stayed in suite #3, the Sonoran Traveler. Great for a couple or a family with small children.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We had a wonderful stay in the cactus wren cabin at Spin and Margie's. The cabin has it's own patio area for stargazing and is a nice size for a couple. We saw lots of birds in the garden area and a roadrunner near our patio! This is a self service style inn, there is lots of information to guide you and there is a number to call if you need anything or are low on supplies in the room. Thank you for a great stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheVeggieNomad
Reviewed 22 January 2014

Let me start by saying the property is charming, the kitchen is fully stocked, and the art is funky and awesome. It just wasn't a great fit for us, esp. for the (not cheap) price. A few things:

1) the beds were a bit small, and creaked something awful, and the walls were fairly thin, so every time someone rolled over, everyone heard it.

2) the (again, gorgeous) property has a lot of nighttime light, and also catches the nighttime lights from the town, so good star-viewing is pretty much impossible. Nice sunsets, though.

3) The coffee was....not good. I'm not sure what was wrong with it, and it may have been user error, but....blech.

4) The heater is in the main room, and warms most of the cabin up nicely at night, but unless you leave the door to the bedroom wide open at night, it stays quite cold. Made for an awkward sleeping situation, with everyone either a little too warm or too cold, especially as the thermostat is inside the set-off bedroom.

That said, after years of coming up to the park, it's the best place I've found to stay, unless I can convince the owner of the house painted to match the mountain as you come up to the west entrance to let me crash.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family