“yummy, great vegetarian options”
Review of Crossroads Cafe

Crossroads Cafe
Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Joshua Tree
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Description: The Crossroads Cafe is a classic American Diner, located on 29 Palms Hwy, near the main entrance to Joshua Tree National Park. We offer a wide variety of traditional diner fair to go along with unique specials that are all made from scratch and made with love. In addition, our menu is filled with great options for folks with dietary restrictions of any kind. From our savory bacon pancakes to the classic hamburger, from our fish tacos to homemade vegan chorizo & eggs, our menu has something for everyone. Happy trails and always pack water into the park!
Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

i have been eating here for over 10 years, before the new management came in and made some changes. it's still good. they recently changed to local cofee roaster coffee, an I think they need to work with him to tone down the bitterness, and by now, maybe they have. That was back in early October.

I loved going there during the government shutdown when J-Tree was empty, I ahd the place mostly to myself!

I will probably continue to eat here for another 10 years.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

I had a San Francisco Reuben Sandwich. Honestly it had NO taste at all and lacked of any seasonings. The waitress had an attitude, like almost all waitresses seemed to be the same there. Hippies with an attitude with a lower than average food quality is truly not a place to remember ! On top of it all, it looked very dirty !

1  Thank frederickra
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Having spent three days in the Joshua tree national park, surviving on fruit and nuts the idea of hot and freshly prepared food was something I looked forward to with keen anticipation; I was not disappointed!

Maybe it was the relative abstinence of my recent culinary experiences, but I prefer to think that it was the warmth and quality of the Crossroads Café that proved to be such a hearty reminder of the importance of human contacts and hospitality in our world.

The staff were very welcoming from the outset, the food well explained. I had the three bean chilli soup with cornbread and it was everything I could have asked for; hearty, very tasty and fresh while the cornbread was light and fluffy (it did fall apart when you tried to put butter on it however).

So for a bill of under ten dollars I left the restaurant with a full stomach, very satisfied and with nothing but positive thoughts about the restaurant ( I returned two days later and it was just as good).

1  Thank andybristol12555
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Unique cafe with delicious food, mostly breakfasts, in a very small town on the way to Joshua Tree Natl. Park at 29 Palms. A little pricey with extras but healthy, homemade deserts and breads. Friendly staff for a busy place on the (holiday) weekend.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

They even have Dutch Apple pie! The espresso they make is extremely delicious, taste, temp, crema ... What a treat. Well assorted menu, more than friendly, personal service by staff. I keep on coming back here.