“Not up to standards”
Review of Joshua Tree Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Joshua Tree
Joshua Tree Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Joshua Tree
Reviewed 21 October 2013

First, I want to make it clear that this review is NOT for the Joshua Tree Inn but for one of the three cabins it manages off-site. This is the Turtle cabin. First, the good stuff: A really beautiful location. The cabin was spacious enough and the bed was decent. The bad stuff: no toilet paper. And because the Joshua Tree Inn has NO ONE on staff except for 3 pm to 8 pm, it was IMPOSSIBLE to get anyone's attention. In fact, we left a telephone message on their emergency number that we needed toilet paper and never got a response. So if you like staying at a place with virtually NO management, this is your place. The cabin had a full kitchen but only a bit of silverware and a very haphazard and minimal collection of everything else. Thank god we brought our own dishes, napkins, silverware, pots and pans. When it was time to clean up: a ratty sponge and NO SOAP. There is a beautiful pool...but what they don't tell you is that it is unheated. Even though we were there on a beautiful sunny, warm October day, the pool was freezing - so cold that my legs cramped. An unheated pool might work in summer, but if it's not July or August, it is a beautiful but useless amenity. We paid $372 for two nights and for that price, I would expect more basics to be taken care of. The fact that there is no management on site except for a few hours a day is really not a good idea.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Debra K
jtinn, Booking Agent for Vacation Cabins at Joshua Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2013

Thank you for noting that this is NOT a review for the JT Inn. This should have been placed under vacation rental,NOT 'hotel".
Since the Inn only books the property,we have no control over pool heating. It is not advertised as heated.
As for toilet paper,it is stored in the cabinet,along with other supplies (like soap,sponges,etc.)
We are sorry that you did not look there.
We have 4 emergency numbers for guests' convenience. None of the 4 numbers received a message regarding the toilet paper.
We are glad that you brought your favorite pans,etc as most guests do when renting a cabin on the edge of wilderness.
We are sorry for your inconvenience,and happy that you enjoyed the beautiful setting.
Happy Trails,
Booking agent/Vacation Cabins

Reviewed 17 September 2013

If you want ambiance, this is the place. If you are looking for luxury , and a long list of ammenities you may be a bit disappointed. The vibe of the JTI makes up for anything that may be lacking as far as hairdryers and coffee pots in every room.
Great location for visiting Joshua Tree Nat'l Park, and the pool is fantastic. A must for any Gram Parsons fan.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Jan S
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Stayed with family (over from UK for a wedding) in Hacienda...3 miles or so from the Inn. Absolutely wonderful! Gorgeous and deliciously COLD pool in a quirky relaxing garden surrounding the open and spacious house. Stars at night spectacular. Peace everywhere. Hosts at the Inn SO helpful, accommodating and friendly.

Thank you!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2013

I decided to stay here for one night while visiting joshua tree national park, based on the good reviews. I was completely disappointed with the place. The air conditioning is extremely old and does not work properly, lets leave apart the funny noise that it makes, making impossible to sleep either with the aircon on due to the noise nor without it due to the heat in the summer.
I decided to open the window and pay for some fresh air which came, in tis case be prepared to hear the traffic from the highway.
I could not manage to get not water in the shower. The lighting is very poor. There is a kind of walk in closet almost useless as the is no light in.
Our private patio was useless also as the chairs were dirty. With dust and lots of flowers and leaves from the trees.
The wi-fi did not work at all.
On the positive side, beds are comfortable and the swimming pool if you are going to stay more than one night is very good quite big and comfortable, it is very well located very close to the park entrance.

Room Tip: Ask if the have any one with new aircon in case they don't, go as far as you can from the highwa...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marta C
jtinn, Guest Relations Manager at Joshua Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

We are very glad that you enjoyed the pool and the beds!

We are so sorry that the AC gets frozen with ice when the temperature exceeds 105 degrees for an extended period,as was the case during your visit. I assure you it works great when the temp
is below 100 degrees.
Our apologies for the leaves and flowers that blew onto the patio furniture. High wind and heat are very prevalant here in August.
As for the hot water,we do not understand your complaint. No problem there.
Lastly,the wifi was problematic if many guests were logged in simultaneously. Verizon has since fixed that situation (or so they said :)
Happy Trails,
Guest Relation Manager

Reviewed 8 July 2013

I stayed here two nights in June for a wedding. The couple I was photographing booked Room 6 for me and I absolutely LOVED IT! Being exhausted, I returned to my room and melted into the lounge chair on the private patio. There was a warm breeze blowing the trees and I sat there mesmerized. It was peaceful and quiet. The pool is open all hours, so even though I didn't get back from the wedding til 1am, I could still take a dip to relax before bed. The bathroom has old charming tile. The ceiling has big open beams that are an orderly joy to look at while laying in bed. Maybe that's weird, but these are the things that I can appreciate in a home away from home. There is a little table with chairs outside every room on the breezeway where people hang out. The breezeway has luscious vines growing up and protecting the rooms from the sun and making it feel like a jungle hideaway in the desert. The sandy open courtyard is lovingly raked with beautiful patterns everyday. The koi pond is relaxing and inviting. There are endless details that add up to a magical experience. Truly, one of the most relaxing experiences of my life. I'm already planning a romantic getaway with my hubby for my 40th bday. Only dilemma is which room to book! (first choice of course was 6, but it's already taken! thinking of possibly trying one of the suites. only turn 40 once!) Here are some photos I took during my stay https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10200383725570851.1073741828.1086759890&type=1&l=3039beb468

Room Tip: Room 6 is charming. It has a really cool tree/bush in the private patio area. I think the wall behin...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank roryamber
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Joshua Tree Inn is a wonderful place to rest and relax when visiting the desert. This IS NOT a place for travelers that want every ammenity available to mankind. If you want a clean, comfortable,relaxing place to stay with charm, this is the place. I have stayed here every year for the past 9 years. The staff is friendly, the pool is a cool relief from the heat and the grounds are beautiful. They make you feel at home. Added bonus is the history of the motel. Personalities from John Wayne to ram Parsons loved this place. It has the feeling of stepping back in time-

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We walked in and there was a small band playing, we were invited to join in and partake of the nibbles and home made chai. This place has charm, as well as all the other things you need for a great stay. Nearby access to Joshua Tree National Park was an extra bonus. The swimming pool was great, and the huge Joshua Trees were amazing.

Room Tip: Ours was the Barrymore suite - the largest I think, we managed 4 of us in there, but would have been...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank onerosenz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Joshua Tree
Best Western Joshua Tree Hotel & Suites
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Joshua Tree National Park
Best Western Gardens Hotel at Jo...
#4 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Pioneertown Motel
Pioneertown Motel
#1 of 1 in Pioneertown
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynine Palms-Joshua Tree National Park
Fairfield Inn & Suites Twentynin...
#2 of 12 in Twentynine Palms
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twentynine Palms- Joshua Tree
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Twe...
#6 of 12 in Twentynine Palms

Been to Joshua Tree Inn? Share your experiences!