Tucker Peak Lodge
Julian Gold Rush Hotel(Julian)(Great Value!)
US$173
US$139
Julian Lodge(Julian)(Great Value!)
US$120
Priceline
Riviera Oaks Resorts(Ramona)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$102
  • Pool
San Vicente Golf Resort(Ramona)(Great Value!)
US$107
Palm Canyon Hotel & RV Resort(Borrego Springs)(Great Value!)
US$107
US$96
Priceline
TripAdvisor
Oak Hill Inn(Julian)
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsget awaytiny tvfour poster bednice place to staylocation is beautifulmy husband and isitting areacomfortable bedstayed nightsdowntown juliandeckfireplacetranquilitygrindcaretakerwilliamaccommodations
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My wife and I are very spontaneous and on a Saturday afternoon decided to take a drive. We packed an overnight bag and then of course her suitcase of shoes and makeup. Five and half hours later we arrived in the very charming town of Julian California. Again, not planning this trip we didn’t have a place picked out to stay so we looked on our GPS for hotels. We called a few and decided on this $115.00 a night “B&B”. It’s not a typical B&B witched we liked because you’re not in their house or at least it’s been so remodeled that you actually feel like you’re in a lodge type hotel. The Innkeeper neglected to tell us on the phone they only accept cash or check, so we had to drive back into town to get money. When we returned she was gone and remained that way for approximately 40 minutes. After we stared into the darkness and looked up at the stars for that time; she arrived with a regaling story of her drunken friend who caught up with her in town and how poor he’s doing health wise because he smokes three packs a day and drinks 24 cans of Pepsi a day. Once in our room we noticed that the bathroom is located about 6 feet from the bed and didn’t have a door, only the saloon type swinging shutter doors. Again, we’re married but c’mon… I went downstairs and asked for a different room maybe one I saw on the flyer that had a Jacuzzi tub and a more accommodating restroom, and expressed my concerns with the bathroom setup and was asked “Why? You don’t want to hear her fart?” Unsure how to respond I quietly backed out and went upstairs… The décor and room were nice but again, the bathroom privacy thing was a little off putting. After a decent night sleep I went outside to see a spectacular view that made the check in fiasco so much more bearable. I went inside to see the free “continental” breakfast; MAN OH MAN what a surprise. I was greeted by the same surly inn keeper that was fresh out a bed with a less than delightful smell and socks with holes in them. The breakfast was nothing more than Costco and or Sam’s Club muffins and danishes (still in wrappers) the milk and apple cider was left out and at room temperature so I decided that we go out for breakfast. Knowing what I know now: because of the cleanliness, the view and the quaint room (bathroom excluded) I would stay there again but in a different room and plan on eating out.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank coxx110
Reviewed 7 November 2010

We liked that the Tucker Peak Lodge is in a beautiful location, and the innkeeper was very friendly. Unfortunately there was not much else positive about the experience. The room carpet was very soiled and worn. There was an inside-out bathrobe hanging on the back of the door (left behind from another guest?). My bath towel smelled bad and no soap was provided for the shower. Open shampoo bottles from previous guests were offered! The continental breakfast was quite skimpy and of poor quality. This lodge is definitely not worth $155 + tax/night. I was also very disappointed to have to either pay cash for the room or pay $30 more! The owners appear to be very frugal. We will not be returning.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank erosenow
Reviewed 19 October 2010

me and my wife had our second wedding anniversary and have never been to julian so we got the tranquility room at the tucker peak lodge we have never stayed at a b&b so we did not know what to except but when we got there the inn keepeer marie was so great she made us feel so welcome the room was big and so beautiful it was just what we were looking for it gave us that cabin feeling we will be coming back soon

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brandlelyn
Reviewed 13 June 2010

We stayed in the Mountain View room and the view was just gorgeous. We could even see deer walking on the mountain. The room was very spacious and the hostess was sweet. I would definitely stay there again. It was very relaxing.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank l8rcat
Reviewed 16 May 2010

My fiancee and I decided on a weekend get away. We are fairly big on wine tasting and decided to stay in Julian. While we planned the get away last minute we expected more for our one night stay at $160 inc. Tax. We were told over the phone there was a restaurant open onsite til 10pm.

When we arrived, there were several cars atop the hill and no place to park; very poorly managed space. The lobby with the pool table was unavailable (and we were not told in advance of this). Room was musty smelling. Mattress was uncomfortable.

Recommendations:
1. Update hideous flower, bear, holly hobby decor.
2. Update website with current info.
3. Remove towels that smell like cigarette smoke.
4. Buy a new mattress.
5. Improve customer service. (Esp. For that room price! - if you charge $70 a night then fine)

The view was gorgeous and this location has potential, but in the meantime we do not recommend it. Sorry to the funny innkeeper lady who was helpful.

1  Thank oskiesmom