“Remarkable”
Review of Blue Door Winery

Blue Door Winery
Ranked #13 of 39 things to do in Julian
More attraction details
Owner description: Small production winery offering a nice array of wines in a wonderful and charming tasting room. Pop in for a taste, glass, or bottle during your visit to Julian. Cheers!
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have been wine tasting all over San Diego County and Temecula. While I haven't tried EVERY winery out there, I have visited MANY! Based on my personal experience as an avid SoCal wine taster, this was one of my absolute FAVORITE places. I was blown away by the quality of the wine, and the honesty and passion evident in the winemakers. Most people will tell you their wines are "award-winning" or "fantastic" and will throw a bunch of adjectives at you; but only taste will reveal the truth, and I have to say that there were no lies or sales gimmicks when I was told the $38 bottle of Merlot was truly "flawless." The way you get wine this amazing is by selecting the best fruit and only allowing the release of wine at its perfection. Well done, Blue Door.

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"dog"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed 30 December 2012

A tiny, tiny winery, when I went, they only had three of their wines available. The couple who own and operate it are delightful and passionate about their craft and town they live in.

But be careful, the wine is very, very, very good, you'll want to buy up every bottle they have!

1  Thank Sarah T
Reviewed 8 July 2012

The nice people at Menghini told us to try out the wine at the Blue Door and since it was right across the street from the Gold Rush Hotel where we were staying it worked out perfect. Nice and friendly owners and enjoyed the tasting.

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Great in town location, friendly hostess. We met so many great people that we followed on as a group to dinner and then all met up for breakfast. I can't wait to see what new friends we make at this winery next time.