“OK for quick lunch”

The Rongbranch Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 27 Restaurants in Julian
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Went here for a quick lunch based on their advertised $6.99 weekday special. Had a fair Caesar salad with a satisfactory 1/2 turkey sandwich on toasted sour dough (lettuce and tomato). The place was nearly empty but the service was OK. Doubt I would select this place for dinner, but the lunch was a pretty good deal.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

We ate a late night meal at the Rongbranch and it did not. The service was pleasant and the meal was above average. Remember this is a resturant designed for tourist and quick servings.

Reviewed 11 January 2013

Where do I begin? Ordered a turkey dinner which turned out to be turkey lunch meat. Artichoke pasta seemed thrown together, more artichoke than pasta as if they were trying to get rid of it and the food was barely room temperature! What a disappointment!

Reviewed 20 December 2012

We had high hopes for the homemade chicken pot pie. The crust was good but the inside was just average.

Reviewed 6 November 2012

My husband and I make trips to Julian several times a year. The pie at Mothers is wonderful and we buy eggs at the Egg ranch on the way up. We've always eaten before we leave home but this time we didn't and decided to eat at the Rongbranch Rest. The service was great but the food was the worse I've ever eaten. My husband ordered steak and it came cold. He sent it back and they had microwaved it. I had the chicken pot pie. I never thougth pot pie could be so bad. Normally pot pie has a creamy white sauce, small chunks of chicken and cooked vegatables. This had a thin beefy jell consistancy. It was so salty and the chicken chunks were way too big. The vegatables were chunky as well and undercooked. Never again will we eat there.
I absolutley will tell friends not to eat there.