“Wish I would have been hungrier”
Review of Strawhouse Cafe

Strawhouse Cafe
Price range: US$0 - US$11
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: A 2000 square-foot straw bale structure with a commanding view of the Trinity River. Open daily from 7 AM to 6 PM, serving freshly baked goods, breakfast, and lunch from our kitchen. We serve wood-fired pizzas every Friday during the winter from noon to 8 pm, and every Friday, Saturday, Sunday during the summer months from noon to 8 pm (Sunday’s we close at 7 pm). Here we host many of our outdoor events and groups. The indoor seating area will hold 30 guests and the patio area will hold up to 150 guests. The Strawhouse Cafe’ is known for its exceptional, all-organic gourmet coffees that we roast here on the premise. There is a nice selection of micro brews, and we feature several local wines.The cafe’ carries some of the finest artwork Trinity County produces, including but not limited to, photography, original paintings, and unique jewelry. One stop can truly meet all your needs!
Bailey, Colorado
“Wish I would have been hungrier”
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

My son & I stopped in here on our way from Eureka to Reno. What attracted me was the sign posted 'organic coffee roaster'. I didn't purchase a coffee but my son & I both had a green smoothie. The smoothie was fantastic. The cafe is on the river. There is a large deck overlooking the river. This is a beautiful location to stop and have lunch. They have local art on display and for sell.

1 Thank twimom1

Tampa, Florida
“Yummy tranquility”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I travel to Weaverville on occasion for work. This is a must stop for me!!! The pizza on Friday during the winter & Friday-Sunday in summer is not to be missed. Not only is the food delish - the setting is not to be missed. Every meal I have had here has been excellent. The surroundings are beautiful.

1 Thank Babbasc
Grapeland, Texas, United States
“Friday Pizza”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

We hit this place when they had the brick pizza oven fired up. Great scenery, good food, good place to eat. NOTE: It is just about the only place nice to eat with in a 25 mile radius. The prices were a bit high, but they have a monopoly on restaurants in the area. Good beer and wine selection. River view but no river access which was unfortunate because we really wanted to walk down by the river. There is a very nice manicured garden area off the patio that has inviting seating and nice walkways BUT restaurant patrons are not allowed to visit there. Counter girl - McKayla-- very nice.

1 Thank Carey T
Don and Julia E, Owner at Strawhouse Cafe, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you so much for taking time the to write a review. We really appreciate it! We are glad you enjoyed the food. All of our food is made in-house with mostly organic ingredients and a lot of love and passion. There are not a lot of places where you can get this quality of food and an amazing view (2,000 sq.ft. patio overlooking the gorgeous Trinity River), and we're happy you were able to enjoy both. We do have an area reserved specifically for our cottage guests, so if you are ever in the area again and need lodging, when you stay at the Strawhouse you will appreciate the privacy that we offer you :-)
Roseville, California
“Organic Mochas & Organic Homemade Bagels! Yummy!”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I love the Strawhouse Cafe! I would strongly suggest stopping by and enjoying a homemade bagel and organic coffee while sitting out on their patio and soaking in the beautiful scenery that this place offers their customers! Don & Julia are a wonderful couple with awesome hospitality that we could never forget. We are definitely REPEAT customers and will continue to stay in touch with them whenever we are in town. I have stayed in their cottages too and will fill out a review for that experience also (very soon). Their resort is a beautiful place for weddings, retreats, or banquet dinners. We plan on ordering our organic coffee online with them from now on!

1 Thank SimonaItaliana
Redding, California
“Wow, great experience!”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

They were very busy but adequately staffed and super friendly serving great food. It was such a great surprise since it is isolated and on a beautifully landscaped riverside overlook.

It's a must stop place between Redding and Eureka/Arcata.

• Visited April 2014