All reviews the cottages body wash great location general store long weekend laundry room the kitchen dish soap paper towels a great stay three nights short drive within walking distance sofa jlp lauren shampoo
Reviewed 23 August 2016

We booked Cabin #8 for 2 nights August 19-21 because of the location in the village and because they allowed pets. The cabin was cozy and clean but had no A/C and very thin walls and the sofa in the living room was hard as a rock to sit on. We noticed right away there was a private residence located next to our cabin, in fact the front door of this residence opened into the driveway - parking lot of the June Lake pines. I could look out onto the yard of this residence from my cabin window. We had seen the residents come and go with their dog that first day and they had brought the dog into the house after they came outside. Our first night we were awaken at 2:00 AM by their dog, barking loudly from the porch of this house. Obviously it was barking at some kind of wildlife. They finally brought the dog into the house but the "damage" was done. We were wide awake and our peaceful night's sleep was ruined. The next morning we told the owner, Amanda about the dog and she assured us she would speak with the owners of the dog. (bring the dog into the house at night when you are located next to a motel) The second night we were hoping for a good night's sleep because we not get one the night before. This was not to be....Around 1:00 AM once again the dog went ballistic barking up a storm and woke us up. I opened the window and screamed out to the dog to shut up at which time the owner came out to bring the dog into the house. A half hour later, while we were still awake, and took our small, quiet 18 year old, sightless dog out to go to the bathroom and while doing this, this same dog whom was brought into the house a half hour ealier came at us barking aggressively. The resident of the home came around the corner and without saying a word called the dog back into the house. I could not believe what I was seeing. We thought the dog was going to bite us. We went back in our cabin upset and ready to get some sleep. This was not to be because in the cabin next to us, separated by a thin wall a baby started crying. Once this stopped we we just getting back to sleep and the sprinklers went on in the yard of the house with the loud barking dog. The next morning, we saw the owner Amanda. We told her about our second night of dealing with the barking dog. We told her she needed to talk to the owner and she again said she would. She gave us an insincere apology and basically acted like she could care less that we had to deal with this issue for 2 nights in a row. She also did not seem to care that this dog was roaming in her parking lot late at night and could bite one of her guests. This place charged us a $30. pet fee for our 18 year old dog who slept most of the time we were in the cabin, not to mention the $170. per night rate plus tax, . yet our stay was miserable due to the barking dog next to our cabin. At no time did we ask Amanda for a refund or a break on our cabin rate or pet fee. All we wanted was for her to take our complaint of this barking dog seriously and she DID not do this. If she would have spoken to the dog's owner after the first night, we might not have had this same issue the second night. Needless to say, we will not be staying in Cabin #8 again IF we ever stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Do not choose cabin 8 if you do not like a loud barking dog and thin walls.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank terral f
JuneLakePines, Owner at June Lake Pines, responded to this reviewResponded 30 August 2016

I am sincerely sorry about the issues you had when you stayed here. We have never had a problem with the neighbor's dog, either barking, being aggressive or roaming our property, he has always been a very sweet and kind poodle (also old) for the many years that that family has lived next to us. That said, I did take your concerns seriously and spoke with the neighbors immediately after your complaint and they were very upset that their dog caused anyone any problems. I also spoke with every other guest that weekend and while a couple of people did hear dogs barking, they felt it was nothing out of the ordinary, and I am sorry if that was not your experience. Dogs in town often bark if there are bears and we have had a lot of bear activity lately. We take the safety of our guests very seriously which is why require pets to be leashed, and I apologize if it did not come across to you how seriously I took your complaint.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

Quaint little cabin on the hill side was perfect for relaxing in the cool evenings. Full kitchen was well equipped and small country grocery store right across the street so very convenient to get stocked up on supplies. Five minute drive from the lake. East entrance to Yosemite (via Tiago Pass) is only 30 minutes away. Could be the most beautiful drive in the country from June Lake to Yosemite Valley. Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2016

This place was cute. Everything was little. The stove & over was little. The fridge was normal size and coffee pot was normal. Perfect for a day on the lake and needing to warm up food.

The bathroom was small. Stand up shower only. The shower had shampoo , conditioner and body wash in dispensers. So you didn't have to bring any.

The bed was queen size and soft. We slept super good. Some of the windows were painted shut. Disappointing since the evening breeze was so nice after the heat of the day.

I like this place and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 July 2016 via mobile

We were torn between booking a hotel w/ cabins in Lee Vining, which was near our destination (Mono Lake) or a cabin at June Lake Pines, which was 20 minutes away from Mono, but less expensive. I knew nothing about the areas other than what I could see in reviewer pics and Google, and after much debate, decided to save money and go with JLP...I'm so glad we did!! June Lake was gorgeous, and there are so many relaxing things to do in nature on the June Lake Loop. Lee Vining was very crowded, and all the hotels were right on the very busy HWY 395.

JLP is centrally located in the heart of June Lake, and walking distance to everything in town, and both Gull Lake Marina and June Lake Marina. Once we checked in, we never drove anywhere, except to go to June Lake Beach, which is about a five minute drive from the cottages and a bit too far for me to walk.

We stayed in a Cabin 2. It was roomy enough for our family of three, and had all the essentials we needed to make meals and stay comfortably for two nights. The cabin had plenty of cookware, plates, cup, silverware, and toiletries. There is also a community closet (located in the laundry area) that had some extra things you might need, extra ice, and movies/games to borrow. I could easily see us staying here for at least a week comfortably. Owners were friendly and attentive, but were usually gone in the afternoon. We also loved the JLP cat, Jack :)

Just a couple things to note...these weren't big deals to us, but some may need to know before booking. 1) I don't know about the other cabins, but Cabin 2 got very hot! The two fans provided were not enough to cool us off, and many of the windows were stuck shut. It was hard to sleep at night with the heat. I asked for another fan, but they were only able to swap me for a stronger fan since they were at full capacity. I would bring an additional fan next time. 2) this property is located on a steep hill, and it's a climb to get up the driveway or to the cabins. The cabins are close together and parking is tight. Not a big deal to us, but maybe to some!

Overall, we enjoyed it, and I'm trying to think of a time when we can get back soon!!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank JoyNCH
Reviewed 10 June 2016 via mobile

We very enjoy our stay. Very clean, fully kitchen equipment and all the cabins are able to see sunset. If you are looking for a vacation lodge, it is right for you. Every information from June lake pine website are all true and real. Highly recommend to everyone.

Stayed: June 2016