This review is very, very overdue. My husband and I stayed five nights in June 2013 as a base for hiking in the Yosemite high country. It's a reasonable drive from YNP but we enjoy driving (even on the other side of the road) so I didn't think that was a problem, others may find it a bit far.
We had a wonderful stay, the kitchen was brilliant. When they say "fully-equipped" they mean it. Pots and pans and crockery and an oven as well as a microwave and a full-size fridge. Combined with the barbeques on the deck, it's a great place for self-catering. We could stock enough provisions to make our lunches for our day hikes and also fill and chill our water-bladders (much more difficult to chill 3 L bladders with only a bar fridge).
The accommodations were very spacious, I loved having the separate bedroom and living room and we weren't tripping over our bags and packs all the time. The beds were really comfortable, the shower water pressure was good and the hot water was plentiful.
It's a short walk to the June Lake village for groceries and meals (I recommend the Sierra Inn and Cathy's Candies).
I would love to come back for a winter visit, I've seen the pictures of snow-covered Gull Lake and would love to see it with my own eyes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you were to build the perfect vacation spot, where would you put it? How about wedging it between two terrific trout lakes, across from a secluded ski area, adjacent to stunning wilderness and smack dab in the middle of three great Eastern Sierra attractions: Yosemite, Mono Lake and Mammoth? We’re a short walk from June and Gull Lakes in a residential neighborhood, sure to make you feel at home. We’re also close to June Lake Village and only a stone’s throw from the June Mountain Ski Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Gull Lake Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gull Lake Hotel June Lake
- Gull Lake Motel
- Gull Lake Lodge June Lake, California