We really enjoyed our stay at the Heidelberg Inn. Although it was a condo, it was really like staying in a hotel. The lobby has the old world, 1920s ski chalet character and the guest suites are modern. The woman at the front desk was efficient but not very welcoming, Our suite, 110, was nicely appointed, with a nice, spacious tile bathroom. The kitchen is fully equipped with everything, so we had ate breakfast there two mornings. Breakfast is not served and there, and are no restaurants on the premise. The hotel was very quiet at night. Since we were on the first floor, which meant that we were cautious about sleeping with the windows open at night. And right at street level proved to be very noisy in the morning. AC wasn't needed because it drops to about 50 degrees at night. There were two bed rooms, which were very small. One room had a queen bed which was very comfortable, but didn't have a lot of floor space and felt crowded for two people. The room didn't lock because the closet had sliding doors that opened to the living area on the other side. The second room had a double bed, which had more privacy then the room with the queen. The sofa bed in the living room was pretty comfortable. Overall we liked the inn, but here are some suggestions if you wish to book this hotel:
1. They advertise that they are 28 miles from Yosemite, which is true. But you are at the far side of the park. It will take over 2 hours to drive to the Valley, which is where the major sites are.
2. Request a room on the second floor, facing the lake and mountains
3. Restaurants in the immediate area are not good (see reviews for the Tiger Bar)
The June Lake area is beautiful. This would be a good hotel if you are planning to spend time in the immediate June Lake area, or ski. Bring food, especially for breakfast because there is nothing close by that is good to eat.
I felt that for the price at $200 a night, with taxes, it was a pretty good value for the accommodations.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Travel Republic (UK), Cancelon, Agoda, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Heidelberg Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Heidelberg Hotel June Lake
- Heidelberg June Lake
- Heidelberg Inn June Lake, California