“The Heidelburg Inn is a Family Friendly Place - Love it!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Heidelberg Inn
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in June Lake
GreenLeadersSilver level
Bakersfield, California
“The Heidelburg Inn is a Family Friendly Place - Love it!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2010

I recently traveled with my 3 year old granddaughter to June Lake, CA where we stayed at the Heidelburg Inn. This place is awesome! I felt like I was staying with family and friends. The ladies at the front desk were so personable. They were always pleasent to talk to and helpful with anything I asked about.
We had a wonderful visit.
This place is beautiful. The huge fireplace in the middle of the lobby keeps you warm at night, and I loved reading to my little one while sipping on hot coco.
There are plenty of movies to rent, games to play with and something going on just about every night.
There are several resturants located just across the street or the rooms are equipped with everything you need to cook yourself up a great meal.
I love the bathtubs! They are deep and comfortable to soak in on a cold day.
The fall colors were beautiful, and the town is full of wonderful people at all the establishments I visited..
The pictures on line do not justice to this place. It is beautiful. I will be going back next year and can't wait.
Thank you for helping make my vacation a memorible one.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Susan8532037
karen_okeefe, General Manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this review, 6 January 2011
Thank you for your review and we are so glad that you had such a memorable stay. You are correct in stating that the pictures on line do not do this resort or the June Lake area justice. It truly is something you have to see for yourself. We had a gorgeous fall and are having a spectacular winter. We hope you will visit us again soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
San Jose, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2010

We weren't able to do a lot of planning for this labor day weekend trip. Frankly I went by the personal responses by the manager on tripadvisor. And based on past reviewer's experience I called to verify that my reservation was in place :)

After the initial hiccup (note that the GPS does not find "85 Boulder-Lakeview", use "85 Lakeview" instead - we were guided by Karen even though it was past 10pm) in finding the place we were pleasantly surprised when we reached. Its looks like a place with a history going by the walls full of pictures of past celebrity guests and trophies. The lobby is absolutely charming. The 1 bedroom apartment was very cozy with a nice bedroom and decent sized hall with a sleeper sofa and 2 TVs. The kitchenette was adequate. One of my main criteria in a hotel is the bathroom - full marks here.

Location is perfect. Its bang opposite Tiger bar & cafe, Sierra Inn Restaurant and Ernie's Tackle shop - thats all you need in June lake :)

We had a great time and would definitely consider coming back.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
4 Thank tbandopadhyay
Thank you for bringing attention to the subject of GPS as it relates to this area. This causes more confusion with directions and the ability to find our resort than anything else out there. I understand that GPS navigation is a great tool, however, in a rural area such as June Lake, it can turn you around so fast you don't know which way is up, especially in the dark in an unfamiliar place. The same is true with Mapquest and similar programs.

Our official physical address is 2635 Highway 158, June Lake, CA 93529. Many search engines do not recognize this address. Here's the story as it was told to me by the postmaster: Years ago, there was no door to door mail delivery in June Lake. The mail arrived general delivery to the local post office, the address of which was 85 Boulder Drive. Thus, everyone's mailing address was 85 Boulder Drive since that was where you came to collect your mail. At some point in time, someone added "Lakeview" to the 85 Boulder Drive address for the Heidelberg Inn, presumably to make it easier to find the building once door to door mail delivery became available. Lakeview Drive is the street which runs behind the Inn. So, that is how our address became "85 Boulder-Lakeview Drive". My favorite version is when I see "85 Boulderdash Lakeview Drive".

So, how did we get to 2635 Highway 158? Well, at a later point in time, I'm not exactly sure when, the county was required to designate specific addresses for all residences and businesses for census enumeration as well as for emergency purposes. Boulder Drive became Highway 158, and addresses were created. Believe me, it's as big a nightmare for me as it is for you, especially when I'm attempting to have something shipped here, since UPS, FedEx, etc., all recognize different physical addresses. So, if you would like to mail something to us (gifts, cards, hate mail, etc.) via the U.S. Postal Service, please use our mailing address which is P.O. Box 809, June Lake, CA 93529. There is no door to door mail delivery in June Lake, and if you send something via the USPS to the other addresses, it may be returned to you. If you are trying to have something shipped here via UPS or FedEx, please use one of the physical addresses (2635 Hwy. 158 or 85 Boulder) and be sure to include "Heidelberg Inn" in the address. Something else to consider is that overnight delivery is not available here, so don't waste your money.

My recommendation to all potential visitors is to either look at a real map or contact us directly for specfic directions. Most of you are AAA members, so take advantage of those free maps!

We're glad you had a great time with us despite the confusing directions. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about it.
Lawndale Sonoma County, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2010

The accommodations described in the confirmation emailed to us were not available at the site where we stayed such as the pools, jacuzzis, etc. Available off-site several miles away for an additional per person charge of $20 per day. The staff were not very friendly or accommodating to us for a duplicate reservation made by the telephone reservation system and ensuring that we were not charged twice for one room. The site itself has no restaurant, or outdoor area to enjoy the view of June Lake, and the parking lot was under construction (no discount offered for this) and we had to schlep our stuff to various on street parking locations.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank familytravails
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2010

We recently stayed for 3 nights at the Heidelberg Inn (me, my husband and 2 children - aged 8 and 11 alongwith my father in law). We booked a 2 bedroom suite, which had a sofa in the lounge. The suite had plently of room, including very well kitted out kitchen. Everything was clean and well cared for. The bathroom was spotless and looked like it had been recently refurbished. Was very impressed for the price we paid.
June Lake was similarly positive - everyone we met was friendly and welcoming and went beyond to make sure our stay was as good as it could be. Particularly liked the Tiger Restaurant/cafe opposite the Heidelberg - friendly staff and good value.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
karen_okeefe, General Manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2010
We are glad you had such a great time and that we could be part of that experience. The bathrooms were remodeled earlier this year and are a definite improvement. We look forward to seeing you again.
Bakersfield, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2010

I am leaving for this trip today, this will be the 6th year that I have time share swaped to this location. I take my aunt, uncle, cousins and my son since they were 11 years old. all of which are now grown. We all have fond memories of the Inn. The staff is always more than helpful, The first year I was there I had to have my son's new snowboard shipped there, because I waited too long to order it. I called ahead they gave me all the shipping information and the board was waiting in my room when I got there. They frequently go WAY out of their way to make sure you have a pleasant trip. They have great activities most nights. such as Ice cream sundae night, movie night, Ect. To keep they kids (and adults) from getting bord. They have a great little game room that we all enjoyed after a long day of Snowboarding. June Mtn Ski Area is a great alternative to mammoths crowds and higer prices. the mountain is large and the snow is usually great. I am looking forward to this weekend and will continue to make this our annual vacation spot indefinetly.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with family
karen_okeefe, manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this review, 7 April 2010
So glad to hear that you are a repeat guest who enjoys June Lake as much as we do - that's why we live here! I remember the snowboard and it's great to be a part of such a memorable time for your family.
SF Bay Area
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2009

We stayed at the Heidelberg Inn for a week and found it to be one of the places we'll always remember as having great customer service. Anytime we asked for anything, it was provided immediately. One of the employees, Amy, continually monitored fires in Yosemite as we needed to find out if we could go there on our way home. When we checked out, we forgot a few items, including an important computer part, and the owner drove to Mammoth (about 20 minutes away) to get it to UPS so that we could receive it sooner.

The lodge has a lot of atmosphere and was frequented by Hollywood types in the 1930s. The stairs are steep, so anyone with any ambulatory problems should request a ground floor room. We did not have any problems with noise or heat; there are fans in the rooms and we were always able to get the room cooled off at night.

We found the town of June Lake to be charming with lots of nice people. The fishing was great - we hired a guide from Ernie's across the street from the Heidelberg. We also spent a spa day at the Double Eagle resort - it had great facilities, which you were allowed to use all day if you booked a spa treatment. We also had two meals there, and it is clearly the best food in June Lake.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marilyn G
karen_okeefe, resort general manager at Heidelberg Inn, responded to this review, 18 November 2009
Thank you for sharing your great vacation experience with us. It sounds like you enjoyed what the Heidelberg Inn and June Lake have to offer. We hope that you will come visit us again.
San Francisco Bay Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

We stayed overnight with our two young children aged 9 and 12.

The entrance hall is grand and evokes High Sierra Lodges with a huge fireplace, a stuffed bear, lots of sofas and historical celebrity pictures. The hotel is a time share; the rooms are modern and include a small kitchen. Two hot tubs provided relaxation and views of the mountains and the lake.

June Lake is a gem close to Mammoth Lakes and a great location for boating and fishing.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for sharing our unique features with the readers. Our lobby is one of a kind and attracts visitors from all over. Please visit us again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near June Lake
#3 of 7 in June Lake
Gull Lake Lodge
Gull Lake Lodge
#2 of 7 in June Lake

Been to Heidelberg Inn? Share your experiences!