“World Class Inn!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenwood
Toronto, Canada
“World Class Inn!”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I do not normally write reviews, but this place was so special that I felt compelled. This Inn is absolutely world-class. The service is impeccable (special shout-out to the concierge, Eric!), the grounds are gorgeous, and the rooms are very romantic. My boyfriend and I did not want to leave.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (164)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for two nights at the hotel for my husband's birthday.

The hotel sits right by the Sonoma highway and the setting is beautiful. Facing acres and acres of vineyards, It really makes you feel like you are in the middle of Tuscany.

Apart from the breakfast, the food is phenomenal. They use the fresh ingredients from their own garden and the preparation is superb.

The technique of the masseurs is also a highlight of the property.

However, as an acclaimed boutique hotel, services are not up to expectation and standard. I booked one day on Jetsetter flash sale and had to book another day via hotel directly since Jetsetter told me that I would be on the standby list for the 2nd day. So I called the hotel to check the availability for the 2nd day and ended up booking the second day through the hotel. I did mention to the hotel that I booked the 1st day from Jetsetter and wanted to make sure that We did not have to switch rooms. At the we check-in, I mentioned to the staff again and I was assured everything would be taken care of. The next day as we were relaxing by the pool, one of the staff members walked over to us and told us that the checkout time is 12:00 pm and our belongings are still in the room. I explained to him the booking situation, so he left with no one formally getting back to us with a solution or an apology. In addition, the second night I booked through the hotel was a package that was supposed to welcome our arrival with a bottle of Champagne/Prosecco and wine country chocolate with a voucher for the 4 course chef's dinner. There was nothing there when we got back to our room (noted that the hotel did give us a bottle of Prosecco and a box of chocolate at the time of checkout when I inquired about them).

The service at the breakfast was slow and no one pours your coffee nor juice - it's pretty much self-serving.

For a small boutique hotel like this, staff usually remember you by last name, towels by the pool will be replenished constantly and the housekeeping usually cleans your room the moment you are out. Not here.

The bill was also messy - When I called the hotel to make the reservation, the price the hotel gave me is different from the one appeared on the internet for the exactly same date. When I got the confirmation email from the hotel, the item for room rate was left blank. At the checkout, the price listed on the bill was more than $150 over the price they game me on the phone. The staff kindly took the over charge off the bill, but it makes you wonder what is going on?

Room Tip: If you are staying there, try to get the 2nd floor. The ground floor hears the stumping noise from...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMKIS, General Manager at Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear J L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with input, I am always delighted to hear that the Spa at Kenwood is living up to its reputation as a unique and exceptional experience. I am disappointed to hear, however, that you had several discouraging encounters that created some confusion. It is always our goal to provide a seamless guest experience that caters to ones whims. At any time you find yourself confused or concerned you may always address such matters to our Guest Services team at the Front Desk of Kenwood, all of whom are trained to immediately and efficiently resolve any challenges. It is good to see, however, that you did stay in the same room for the duration of your stay while enjoying the wonderful cuisine provided by our KIS restaurant.

Heike Pacchetti
Kenwood Inn & Spa
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Kenwood Inn while attending our friends wedding, and this hotel could not have been more charming. Breakfast was great each day, though service was a little slow. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict! Tyler in the Wine Bar made great suggestions and was very engaging. Our room was awesome, except for the view of the back alley/construction area. Very quiet and peaceful, and the proximity to nearby wineries was a plus. Stay here!!

1 Thank Lowpro
Fremont, California
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I recently took my husband to Kenwood for a special weekend. Before arriving, Tim their terrific Concierge, assisted me develop a weekend of wine tasting, massages and good restaurants.

We were greeted Friday even like old friends. The receptionist provided a tour of the facility, and offered a glass of local wine on our way to our room. The inn has beautiful outdoor areas complete with hot tub areas; neither is crowded and after a few days they begin to feel like your own private area. Our room was very large, complete with gas fireplace, enormous tub and large separate shower. ( Note: I tried to get a room away from the highway but none was available however we found the road noise not a problem and the view of the vines pleasant). The Inn offers a terrific breakfast for residents. You can chose on their buffet or get a hot cooked meal that is included in the hotel price.

Every aspect of our visit was perfect. I highly recommend doing a wine/food pairing: St Francis winery was spectacular and treating yourself to one special wine tour, we went to Remise where we traveled on jeeps through their wines to see the valley.

Every aspect of our stay was terrific and we can't wait to go back to wander this area some more.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but away from highway are quieter.
Dana Point
Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Kenwood Inn and Spa is the perfect place for a relaxing getaway. The rooms were well appointed, the staff was attentive, and the food was wonderful. It was really nice to be able to walk to breakfast each morning. Each day we were there we enjoyed ourselves even more and on departure day, I was not ready to leave!! It is sure to exceed your expectations.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 May 2014

My husband and I stayed one night at the beautiful Kenwood Inn and Spa. Kingsley set us up with a driver and set us up with a tour around Sonoma at some smaller vineyards and it was fabulous. I highly recommend this.

The grounds are immaculate and the bed was very comfortable. I wish we had more time there so that we could enjoy the Inn more since we were out enjoying Sonoma most of our time there. Dinner was very good and a great setting being outdoors in the courtyard by the fireplace.

The one downfall was they were understaffed for breakfast so we waited 45 minutes for our breakfast so it was a disappointing note to leave on but we would definitely go back thinking that is probably an off day.

Montgomery, Alabama
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Linda and I wanted someplace special to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary and thought that the Kenwood Inn might be the spot. We had driven past the property on several trips to wine country and thought it look nice. When we looked at the website it was beautiful.(As you know most website pictures look better than the real property). When we arrived we could hardly believe that the website did not do justice to the reality. It was quiet, romantic and very private. We had a second floor room with a balcony looking out over a lush garden and pool. The room was huge and the feather bed was located directly in front of the fireplace in our room. There are no televisions in the guest rooms which was a refreshing break for news junkies like us. Every morning there was a "Chef's Choice" breakfast prepared that is included in the room rate. The wine bar and the restaurant were available for dinner - either inside or on the patio - and the food was wonderful.

The staff went out of their way to provide top quality service and attention to detail. The only thing we did not like about our stay was having to leave afterfive nights. We will definately go back to the Kenwood Inn.

Room Tip: Take time to relax at the property rather than staying on the road tasting wine.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PSLLC06
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenwood
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
#1 of 6 in Yountville
El Pueblo Inn
El Pueblo Inn
#3 of 11 in Sonoma

Been to Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!