“Classic California villa feel.”

Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kenwood
New york
“Classic California villa feel.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Overall the hotel was very good. If your not from California you do need to adjust your expectations about how quickly to staff works especially in the restaurant. The food was excellent though the menu could use two more choices for entrées. The concierge, Eric made the trip. He is worth his weight in gold. If you plan to go, one should absolutely speak with him to pre-plan daily excursion and dinning. He is passionate about what he does and it shows.

• Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (163)
Naperville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Aside from the accommodations which are top notch the staff made the experience even better. The concierge, Eric, did everything from coordinating our driver for Napa and Sonoma and setting up our dinners each night to acting as the efficient in the renewal of vows that he helped to coordinate for me and my wife. We will be back!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank bmbeez
kohala coast, hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Thank you, Kenwood Inn & Spa, for a wonderful vacation! My husband and I spent 5 glorious days at your Inn and felt totally pampered and rested. By the time we left, we both felt rejuvenated and 5 years younger. Each day was a seamless joy from daybreak to day's end, we slept deeply in the wonderful bed and heard nothing but the sound of birds and the soft water wheel. The room was sumptuous - thank you for upgrading us! It was wonderful relaxing by the pool and having a cheese plate with wine, poolside in the shade. Thank you for the exceptional level of service and care provided con amore by Lynn, Marcia, and Eric - their care was way above and beyond our expectations. We will return!!

Room Tip: We loved room #19 - it's huge, very Italian in feeling, quiet, well located, and you can see/hea...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

What a magical place! A truly unique boutique hotel experience with amazing style, views and amenities! The room was large, had a gas fireplace and huge bathroom. I can't wait to return to Sonoma and stay here again!

Room Tip: Room #30 was large and had an AMAZING view from the bed that looked out onto the vineyards!
1 Thank Jaime B
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I do not normally write reviews, but this place was so special that I felt compelled. This Inn is absolutely world-class. The service is impeccable (special shout-out to the concierge, Eric!), the grounds are gorgeous, and the rooms are very romantic. My boyfriend and I did not want to leave.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for two nights at the hotel for my husband's birthday.

The hotel sits right by the Sonoma highway and the setting is beautiful. Facing acres and acres of vineyards, It really makes you feel like you are in the middle of Tuscany.

Apart from the breakfast, the food is phenomenal. They use the fresh ingredients from their own garden and the preparation is superb.

The technique of the masseurs is also a highlight of the property.

However, as an acclaimed boutique hotel, services are not up to expectation and standard. I booked one day on Jetsetter flash sale and had to book another day via hotel directly since Jetsetter told me that I would be on the standby list for the 2nd day. So I called the hotel to check the availability for the 2nd day and ended up booking the second day through the hotel. I did mention to the hotel that I booked the 1st day from Jetsetter and wanted to make sure that We did not have to switch rooms. At the we check-in, I mentioned to the staff again and I was assured everything would be taken care of. The next day as we were relaxing by the pool, one of the staff members walked over to us and told us that the checkout time is 12:00 pm and our belongings are still in the room. I explained to him the booking situation, so he left with no one formally getting back to us with a solution or an apology. In addition, the second night I booked through the hotel was a package that was supposed to welcome our arrival with a bottle of Champagne/Prosecco and wine country chocolate with a voucher for the 4 course chef's dinner. There was nothing there when we got back to our room (noted that the hotel did give us a bottle of Prosecco and a box of chocolate at the time of checkout when I inquired about them).

The service at the breakfast was slow and no one pours your coffee nor juice - it's pretty much self-serving.

For a small boutique hotel like this, staff usually remember you by last name, towels by the pool will be replenished constantly and the housekeeping usually cleans your room the moment you are out. Not here.

The bill was also messy - When I called the hotel to make the reservation, the price the hotel gave me is different from the one appeared on the internet for the exactly same date. When I got the confirmation email from the hotel, the item for room rate was left blank. At the checkout, the price listed on the bill was more than $150 over the price they game me on the phone. The staff kindly took the over charge off the bill, but it makes you wonder what is going on?

Room Tip: If you are staying there, try to get the 2nd floor. The ground floor hears the stumping noise from...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
GMKIS, General Manager at Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear J L,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with input, I am always delighted to hear that the Spa at Kenwood is living up to its reputation as a unique and exceptional experience. I am disappointed to hear, however, that you had several discouraging encounters that created some confusion. It is always our goal to provide a seamless guest experience that caters to ones whims. At any time you find yourself confused or concerned you may always address such matters to our Guest Services team at the Front Desk of Kenwood, all of whom are trained to immediately and efficiently resolve any challenges. It is good to see, however, that you did stay in the same room for the duration of your stay while enjoying the wonderful cuisine provided by our KIS restaurant.

Heike Pacchetti
Kenwood Inn & Spa
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Kenwood Inn while attending our friends wedding, and this hotel could not have been more charming. Breakfast was great each day, though service was a little slow. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict! Tyler in the Wine Bar made great suggestions and was very engaging. Our room was awesome, except for the view of the back alley/construction area. Very quiet and peaceful, and the proximity to nearby wineries was a plus. Stay here!!

1 Thank Lowpro
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kenwood
MacArthur Place - Sonoma's Historic Inn & Spa
5.0 of 5 bubbles 1,279 reviews
Auberge du Soleil
Auberge du Soleil
#1 of 1 in Rutherford

Been to Kenwood Inn and Spa, A Four Sisters Inn? Share your experiences!