“Perfection”

Rivernook Campground
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kernville
Rivernook Campground
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

By far the best camping ground. Lots of trees for shade, perfect spot on the river for floating and has a perfect stream for the kids to play in peacefully. We are so happy with our trip and will be back again and again without a doubt. Thank you rivernook!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Loveographer

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I made a last minute decision to go to Kernville for 4th of July weekend; I always stay at Camp James but they were full so I went with Rivernook. This place is so awful it's ridiculous. First of all the full hook up spots are a joke because they are so close to the smelly bathrooms...which are filthy by the way. The spot I had had no picnic table and the fire ring looked like my nephew built it from random rocks. The grounds are dirty, the trash bins were overflowing; I know it was a holiday weekend but you won't find overflowing trash bins next door at Camp James. The gate code box shocks you every time you try to touch it to enter the code. The showers were dirty and I was thankful I did not have to use them being as I had a trailer. There seems to be no rule against annoying dog barking or picking up after your dog. The people that drive around in their green cart seem to do nothing other than drive back and forth; I never once saw them pick up any trash or clean anything. I would suggest some pride of ownership. This place seems like a rundown old trailer park that needs a major overhaul. I will never stay here again and would not recommend it to my worst enemy.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank Moby21
JamiWard, General Manager at Rivernook Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2016

Hello,
I first want to introduce myself, I am Jami and I am the General Manager. I took over last year as did the new owner. We have worked very hard to rebuild the campground back up. We have read all old posts and took everyone's feedback into consideration. We are happy to announce that the bathroom remodeling project by the office is complete and the island will be complete by February 2017. We have hired on more employee's to clean up the park better than ever before but still keep its rustic charm. I just wanted to touch base with you and let you know all the changes we have made and are continuing to make. We would love next time your in the area to come and check it out for yourself. Thank you so much for you time and we hope to see in the future.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Pricing is tricky,, one sight is $35 a day. That's good for two cars and two ppl. $5 more per person per day means family of five $50 a day. I did love our spot right off the water but water hook up at our sight didn't work so that was a bummer. All and all I will go back. It's clean, no stray animals, they allow pets.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We showed up before check in time, had to wait until exact check in time to enter. They have hundreds of sites only 12 occupied.(didn't understand why they made us wait). Sites were not cleaned prior to arrival, bathrooms are run down, we stayed for 5 days and they were never cleaned.
Management was very evasive when asked questions. Heavy handed on rediculous rules.
I could go on but, you get the point.
Not going back. I'll be staying at Camp James (next door).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jack M
Jami R, Manager at Rivernook Campground, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2015

Hello,
I am sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with our campground. I would like to inform you that our park is under new management. My name is Jami and I would like to let you know on some changes that we have made recently. We are currently renovating our bathrooms and getting all the ground work done for WIFI. We are hoping that by this summer we will have WIFI for our guest. I feel that if you booked with us again that you would not be disappointed. If you have any questions please feel free to call (760)376-2705 and ask to speak with Jami.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Drove from Lancaster (2hours) on Sunday afternoon 1:00pm arrival asked to drive thru park to check it out for future stay. Was told they dont allow Fri Sat or Sun drive thru's. Asked why was told their park was full and wouldnt allow an entry of one vehicle. Sunday check -out is 12:00pm I was there at 1:00pm how could the park still be full? Really! Checked out Camp James next to Rivernook very friendly welcomed us to drive thru their park. Know where I will be staying Camp James.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Deborah J
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have been going here as a family for 5+ years. We stay in an RV so we don't use the bathrooms but the full hookups are really great and seem to work with no problems. When you first drive in, the campsite looks a little dumpy so I recommend staying as far away from that area as possible. The river-front sites are the BEST, the river is lovely and it helps reduce the noise and neighbor issue.

Management is pretty lax, so it is up to campers to be responsible. Fortunately this hasn't been too much of a problem but sometimes you have campers who think their dogs don't need to be on leashes, etc. which can make things uncomfortable especially if you have small children. The fishing is pretty great since it is right down from where they stock the lake and it is close enough to be able to drive to the store if you forgot something.

This is the perfect short getaway that is easy, relaxing and our family enjoys. We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank lacampingmama
Reviewed 25 November 2012

My family has been coming here for about 7 years. We have never experienced any of the negative issues mentioned by other commenters. Our spots have always looked clean upon our arrival and have never had rowdy neighbors. My only complaint is that some of the graffiti in the bathrooms has been there since I have been going there.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family