“No restaurant or lounge”

Piazza's Pine Cone Inn
Reviewed 14 September 2013

We booked this place because we wanted to arrive and just eat, drink and swim and relax. But, the restaurant and lounge arent open-only for special occasions. From the photos on their website, you would think they offered that. Very vague, almost done purposely to dupe you. The guy at the desk was helpful and the beds okay, but bad ac. Would not stay again or recommend.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 July 2013

A nice place to stay to enjoy Lake Isabella or the Kern River. Very nice managment, rooms were clean and comfortable, good bed, refrigerator, microwave, and good TV. I got my car key wet while fishing and couldn't get in, or start my car. The manager, Ivan, went into his kitchen and returned with a bag of rice to draw the moisture out of the key to save the day. I was able to start the car the next morning and be on my way. Thanks again Ivan. This motel has a good central location for resturants, stores, gas, and all outdoor recreation, most within walking distance. We will stay there again on our next trip to Kernville.

Room Tip: Choose this motel for a great location.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Wow! Did we ever have a fabulous time at "The Cone!" I stayed there three nights at the end of June with my hiking group (about 30 of us altogether) and we occupied every room in the place. The manager and the owners could not have been more hospitable. My favorite part? The sparkling swimming pool--such a welcome sight after our forays into the hot and dusty mountains to hike. (It was the weekend of record temps through-out California) And the bed in my room! I wanted to pack it up and bring it home with me...it was so comfy. The Pine Cone is a little tired and faded (just like us) but oh, so charming, and relaxed. And just like us, again, it has a strong foundation and a thriving spirit. We're already planning a Kernville Redoux for the "Sonoma County Wanderers" for next year....Leave the light on! I can't recommend it highly enough if you've got a group planning a visit to Kernville!

Room Tip: I had "the suite." No view, but I spent all my waking hours at "The Cone" by th...
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Took a vacation to Kernville to do some local hiking and a kayak trip with friends. The hotel is close to the market and the brew pub. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and we had both a refrigerator and a microwave in the room. The pool is clean, and refreshing, with good seating and tables. There is also a nice area on the second floor where you can watch the sunset and the stars in the evening. Loved this place- it's clean, fairly priced, and has character! I will stay here the next time I come to Kernville!

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I recently took a group to the Pine Cone Inn and we filled up the place. Roberta and Ivan took spectacular care of us. It's an older retro style Inn but the rooms were upgraded and clean. The pool area was spacious and had a perfect setting for a group or large family...complete with a BBQ. What made our stay so special is that we were encouraged to make the Inn our own and the hospitality was outstanding. They shared their knowledge of the area and recommended activities. They couldn't have been more helpful. We are already planning a visit back!

Reviewed 12 April 2013

After seeing the back of the sign of this place I thought it was closed down. Not only are they opened but they take pets too! The room was very clean & spacious. The bed was comfortable. The owners are putting a lot of care into this place & it shows. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2012

We had to spend three days out of our home while we had our floors re-done, and this hotel was perfect for us. Great location - close to the river, restaurants and downtown. Our room was clean, fresh, and spacious with a fridge and a microwave at a really reasonable price. From the cool neon signs to the knotty pine walls, the whole place has a great retro vibe, but with lots of upgrades that make it comfortable.
Cant wait until they get the lounge open - we'll be back!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple