“I'd rather drink the water in Mexico, than eat the mexican food in Kernville”
Review of El Jacalito Mexican Grill - CLOSED

El Jacalito Mexican Grill
Cuisines: Mexican
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I'd rather drink the water in Mexico, than eat the mexican food in Kernville”
Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

As I write this review my husband is a writhing in pain. Cold sweats and hot farts. I have had better "mexican food" from a can. The dish Los Paisanos smelled like Guy Fieri's flavor savor. On top of all the physical torment we are still hungry because we were unable to bring ourselves to finish our meals, and now can't afford anything else because we paid 34 dollars for two entrees and one pepsi cola. Please just go to Taco Bell for your burnig liquid poo.

• Visited May 2013

Kernville, California
“A lunch favorite”
Reviewed 20 April 2013

We eat here for take out mostly but when we do take the time to dine in or outside on their patio one never walks away hungry. Helpings are generous, the murals on the walls interesting and the food very good. I especially like the way the make up the guacamole right there in front of you, same with the sizzling fajitas!

Visited December 2012
“Delicious & Satisfying”
Reviewed 15 April 2013

We stopped in for dinner and were served a very good meal.
I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner and would return again.

Salsa and chips arrived right away, the salsa appeared to be a roasted chili and was fairly mild but tasteful, nice.

I ordered a bowl of tortilla soup and it was wonderful! I also had chicken tacos (Tacos Mexicanos), rice and bean. The tacos were generous, very good meal all and all, well done.

• Visited April 2013
Dana Point, California
“Good Authentic Mexican food”
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We had lunch on the patio, fast service, nice friendly staff, The food was very good, very teasty. I thought it was a little over priced.

Visited February 2013
Lancaster, California
“Unexpectedly fantastic”
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We go to Kernville a few times a year but in general I stay away from eating Mexican food because I am very picky - I am used to home-made Mexican food. My husband convinced me to try this place for dinner one night and I am so happy I did. The place is nicely decorated, clean with a pleasant atmosphere. The waiter was friendly with good service and helped with menu choices. Apparently all sauces are made/stewed there in the kitchen and they are excellent. I chose a "safe" plate, in other words one that I knew I would like, my husband is more adevnturous, but his was so good we went back the next day for lunch and I ordered that! I have been telling everyone to stop there if in town, and even offended my grandma when I said it was the best Mexican food I've ever had. I stand by that. Try this place.

• Visited March 2012