“We come back every year”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kernville
Maple's McCambridge Lodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kernville
Long Beach, California
“We come back every year”
Reviewed 19 August 2011

The lodge is in a great location, walking distance to the shops, stores and restaurants. The rooms are very comfortable, have a community balcony with a view of the river, and the owners are fantastic and friendly people. We are regulars, and come back here every year.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Smallburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 August 2011

The rooms are tired did not compare with the pictures on the website. We did not compare prices with other motels in Kernville, but the premium you pay is for the view, not for the room in our opinion.

Recommend the popular Kernville Micro Brewery next door for supper and some interesting ales.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kernville hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Our family of 4 planned to stay only for 2 days but due to the wonderful accomodation and people that owned the property, we ended up extending our trip 2 extra days. By the time we left Kernville, we have developed great friendship with the hotel owner. Dan & Althea were so knowledgable about the area and so accommodating. At the end of our stay, our van had brake problems. Their kindness were exemplified as they took us to 100 giant trails while passing time, waiting for our van to get fixed. In addition, Dan gave us a ride to Lake Isabella to pick up our van. Those gestures of kindness are hard to find now a days. We are so grateful that we stayed at their property and we hope to continue the friendship. We plan to come back soon and can't wait to stay at Mc Cambridge lodge on our next visit to Kernville.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank miriam c
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Stayed during the week, good rate $79 for a King and 2 people. The view off the back deck where the rooms were located was excellent. The pool was refreshing and pretty clean, also with a great view and lounging area, albeit a little run down. The outside of the property was also a little tired, but the rooms were clean and pretty nice. Bed was comfortable.

Downsides... our coffee pot was broken, and the AC unit had a tough time keeping it cool (temps were about 95, which is avg for this time of year) We also had a very noisy couple next to us that made noise all night... although, the hum of the AC drowned out alot of it. It seemed that everyone there was a smoker, so there were always people sitting out in the back smoking. Otherwise, it was pretty quiet as it sits off the road and rooms are mostly on the back side.

Walk to town and most rafting places is 10 min(although its all downhill to get there and uphill back)... but you're right next door to the markets, brewpub, and Ewings restaurant.

For the price midweek, It sure beats most of the other places that want at least $100 an night..

overall, I'd recommend this place to most people...

Room Tip: leave AC on 24/7 if it is hot, otherwise it will never cool down.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Salt Spring Island, Canada
Reviewed 19 June 2011

I have been cycle touring in California, I was going from Kernville into the Sierras.

I asked Dan, the owner, for a room and he gave me wonderful rate, especially important to me since I was on my bike for several months and every penny counts. But I needed some comfort and that I got!
When I stayed the first night, I had the bad luck of having caught a bug some time before and I have been throwing up half the night.
The next day I asked Dan if I can stay a second night, I would not have been able to move, not to speak of tackling a hill on my bike. Even though there was a group of motorbike drivers arriving that day, he let me stay in my fantastic spacious clean room with bathroom and separate kitchen with table and chairs in it. All rooms around me had a beautiful view of the river valley, you can sit on the veranda and enjoy the peace and quiet. Grocery store, shops and restaurants are all close by. There is a pool overlooking the river valley and you can walk down to the river. The ladies who clean the rooms where really nice too.

Dan was asking me several times a day, how I am feeling and I was glad not to be on the campsite anymore, as I was the night before last. I was asleep or resting all day.
Incredibly enough, he offered me to stay the third night for free so that I can get stronger before my big ride the next day. And he even took me and my bike the following morning up to the 100 Giant Trail, from where I could cycle in one day down to Porterville.
It felt so good to be cared for, when you are alone on the road for a longer period of time. Dan has lots of stories to tell and I learned a lot about the land we were driving through. He even showed me my first huge Sequoia Tree.
I can only recommend this place, it is a wonderful retreat.
Thank you Dan!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank saltys2011
Glennville, California
Reviewed 1 January 2011

Stayed one night on NYE and everything was perfect from check in ... what a friendly staff and we loved our clean room overlooking the river with spectacular views. Our room had a ktichen and the room was very roomy warm and comfty. Only a short walk is nearby grocery, dinning and many local stores to shop. The McCambridge has many walking trails that lead down to the river for your own access and a great gazebo to hang out in as well that overlooks the river. What a great place!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Wofford Heights, California
Reviewed 28 December 2010

I resided at the McCambridge Lodge, from January 28, 2010 until mid November, 2010, as my home in Wofford Heights, CA, was flooded with septic(black)water, and was, for obvious reason, unable to continue living in my home.
After staying at three other palces in Kernville...Kern Lodge, Kernville Inn, and another(forgot the name), and being very unhappy with these places(starting Dec.4, 2009), I searched for a more friendly, quiet, personal place to reside, while my insurance co. decided my fate and the fate of my home.
Devastated, at this point, by cold, unfriendly places, I miraculously found The McCambridge Lodge! The owners, Dan and Althea Browne, welcomed me with open arms. Their hospitality, kindness, and genuine understanding of my situation, calmed me down, and made me feel less displaced. I resided in beautiful suite, 11, for almost 10 months, and I became part of their family, because of their kindness and hospitality.
Although, I'm no longer there, in person, my spirit and wonderful memories, will remain through my lifetime! Leaving there, as my claim comes to a close, was like leaving home, again.
The McCambridge Lodge, along with its' owners, is a one of a kind...a pleasure to stay at.
I say this, with all sincerity!
Hoping to return and visit this magical place and its' esquisite owners!
Thank you, Dan and Althea Browne, for making me feel at home!
Christine H.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
River View Lodge
#1 of 8 in Kernville
Barewood Inn & Suites
Barewood Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights

Been to Maple's McCambridge Lodge? Share your experiences!