“No Bueno.....”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Kernville
Maple's McCambridge Lodge
Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Kernville
Reviewed 25 July 2012

Stayed here due to rafting trip with large group in mid July. We had called 3 or 4 months in advance so we were assured to get the rooms with bed arrangements specific to the specific groups/families. This hotel did not require the 2 night minimum some of them do for a Saturday night, so we went with it. Hey, we did not expect 5 stars....but we also did not expect what we found. When we arrived at around 6pm the proprietor did not remember us at all, nor did he have any reservations on file....he did however show us the rooms he had available, and after talking it over we decided to just endure it for the 8 hours sleep we needed before our 2 day overnight rafting trip the next day. Their logo is " a view with a room" and I will admit they do have the best views of any motel in Kernville, it's a shame the condition of the place is so bad. Our rooms were in such disrepair, our front door knob screws came out, dirty windows w/ spiderwebs, discusting bedspreads/drapes, our mini blinds should have been thrown out years ago did not function. While they do provide a mini fridge, micro and coffee maker I would not even concider using the coffee maker. The air conditioner did work, we put our sleeping bags on top of the beds. There is a pool, but it's area and furniture are in bad shape. There is a nice gazebo overlooking the river, it's nice but needs paint or upkeep, the plastic chair broke to pieces while a small child pushed up to get out of it. While the gentleman running the place is nice enough I think they need to invest lots of money in it if they are serious about continuing business. Just don't have any grand expectations if your staying here. My wife had to take her shower with her shoes on.....mold bad.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Kenneth Q
There are newer reviews for Maple's McCambridge Lodge

Reviewed 23 July 2012

The room we were provided with was outdated and filthy. Also, the air conditioning is substandard. We left the air on all day and it still didn't cool well enough at night. The motel has been neglected for years and it's very noticeable upon arrival. Granted there is somewhat of a view down the hill, most of it is obstructed by all the dried out trees.
Don't believe the reviews left by other visitors, we saw three rooms altogether and none was better tham the last. All are outdated, filthy and neglected. On the other hand, we saw two rooms at the Kern lodge that our friends stayed at and they were great....no wonder they were booked! Next time we visit Kern, my husband and I will definitely stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 June 2012

I can't belive the other reviews of this place. I stayed here with 3 friends in 3 different rooms all of which were in disrepair, musty and repulsive. The view from the deck adjacent to my room was beautiful, but to get to it I had to negotiate a sliding screen door that fell off the track each time I went out. The bedding is old to the point of being threadbare. The carpet was the victim of multiple spills and should have been replaced years ago.
It is clear that the owners are milking this place and not keeping up their investment. Stay somewher else.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank William S
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We arrived here by chance in the evening without a reservation after driving all day and were greeted by the friendly host. The rooms are not new, but they are clean, spacious and very comfortable. The view is amazing and the location peaceful. We had a lovely evening, made a basic meal in the room and just enjoyed the serenity. The coffee and chocolates are a hospitable gesture. In case I'm back in the area, I'm not trying anyplace else.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bargaintraveler85
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We've always been hooked on the great fishing up here & stayed at quite a few different places over the years. This is by far our favorite and has become the only place we stay at now. Yea, it's not a 5 star resort, but this is Kernville not Vegas. The rooms are always clean and include lots of extras. Most of all the people are great ! Awesome view of river too. Best value by far . Chongo

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Yeah, the rooms might be dated, and you might find a tile that's not in place but they're always very clean and you'll save up to half of what most other places charge. These guys do the little extras like a bowl full of candies and chocolates, little coffee creamers in the fridge (not those wretched stalemate powder packet coffee creamer thingies), and always a fresh bouquet of flowers on the table. And then there's Coconut, resident friendly frisky feline welcoming committee...Combine that with best view & perfect proximity of all things Kernville and you get the only place I'll ever stay when perfecting my River Rattin' skills. But hey, that's just my opinion and you're certainly entitled to it :P

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Wow! I don't know how anyone could give this place an excellent rating. The view was great from our room. They are correct when labeling "a view with a room". The room was a disaster. The bathroom was falling apart. The tile was falling off the wall and I won't get into other disgusting features of the bathroom. The room itself needed to be painted. The chair had fabric falling off the bottom and their were holes in the wall by the window. The pool had a sign indicating it was closed due to a safety violation. We had also booked a room with friends and when we got back from long day of rafting, they were told they did not have a room anymore and were now booked down the street. Oh, I forgot about the cold shower water. I don't know about the other places to stay in Kernville but they must be pretty bad for this too rate #1 in Kernville.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family