“Very Good Dinner”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We went into Kernville looking for a place to eat and saw this place. Being of Italian descent we decided to eat here and were hoping for the best. Back in Bakersfield I had run across a book called "The Italians of Kern Co" in the hotel lobby. So, we assumed since there was a history of Italians in the area it would most likely be authentic food. We were right! It was a Friday night and we had no reservations but the waitress said she'd ask if they could take us right away and they did. We were not rushed at all during our meal. I had the spaghetti and meatballs and a house salad and I also had a house red wine. We remarked at how fresh our salads were. The sauce was so good and the two large meatballs were amazingly good--wish I could make them like that. The wine was good too. The others also enjoyed their meals and we thought it a great find way out there in the little mountain town. I'll probably never have a reason to be traveling up the Kern Canyon Road again but at least I can let others know this was a very good place for a meal.

1  Thank Julie M
There are newer reviews for That's Italian

Reviewed 14 October 2013

We enjoyed our dinner at "That's Italian" so much that we did take-out from there the next night. The food was delicious both times. I had the spaghetti and meatballs twice. I can't remember ever having such light and tasty meatballs plus the pasta was cooked just right. My husband had the nightly special the first night and the lasagna the second night - both were excellent.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

There food tastes just truly amazing. If your ever in Kernville I highly recommend That's Italian for a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

I would consider this place as a perfect dining experience, not only because of the delicious home-made food or the Italian decor, but also because they go out of their way to make sure you're treated like one of the family. Even with a soup or salad, garlic bread, and an amazing made-from-scratch dinner, it's difficult to say no to a perfect dessert! This is definitely a place I hope to return to the next time I visit!

Reviewed 20 September 2013

This is our favorite place to go for special occasions, or just when we don't feel like cooking for ourselves. The atmosphere is casual - feels like you are at a friend's house for dinner. Anna and Romeo often come out to greet us or share jokes - they really make us feel special. And the food is always great - Romeo's soups are the best!

3  Thank Dawn J