“BEAUTIFUL, we found the PERFECT place !”
Review of Sequoia Lodge

Sequoia Lodge
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Kernville
Reviewed 6 June 2011

My husband surprised me with this trip for "my" birthday present. He said, "I wanted to do something different for your birthday this year, let's go up to the mountains and fish!"
I wasn't thinking that it was as much for my birthday as it was for him to go fishing, I went along a bit reluctant at first. BOY,was I wrong.

WOW ! How absolutely beautiful !!! Right smack dab nestled in the mountains. The Sequoia Lodge has darling cabins, well decorated with a country settings like the moose & deer lamps, country pine side bed stand, the pine eating table and chairs with wonderful outdoor scenes material cushions, bedspreads, everything was in a log cabin /lodge charm. Even the light switches !
My husband and I usually go to see family when we vacation. This was such a treat ! We both work different shifts completely and get very little together time so it was perfect,

It is only 50 yds. (REALLY !) to the river from the lodge. We stayed in a single bed room. It had a small microwave, fridge, sink, complete with a set of dishes, glassware and utensils. TV in a closed pine cupboard. ( I think we had it on once in 5 days) drawers below to put your clothes. Bathroom was small but complete and even for my husband ( a 6'guy) it was still comfortable.
OK outside, There are a couple patios to bbq and the one down at the end was my favorite ! You could see and hear the river from there, in the mornings it was just beautiful. I would get my coffee and go and sit to watch the birds and the animals scurrying around. The birds are everywhere, would be a bird watchers delight for sure. Down the stairs you can walk along the edge of the river and along the way there are small spots you can sit and enjoy the view, fish or jump in the river. There is a small open fish cleaning hut complete with sink. Little country lodge signs everywhere. The flower hanging all over in baskets and small little niches of gardens here and there.
I think the pictures online are great but do it not enough justice.
Extremely quaint.
I fished but my favorite part was panning for gold all day while my husband fished :) Only minutes from the main part of town with wonderful shops of art and all types of eating establishments. We choose the Italian dinner restaurant and it was perfect. Candlelight dinner for two!
If you didn't want to do anything but relax and not drive anywhere this is the place to be. Grocery, cafe, bait shop, river toys are right there. I hated to leave and now it's time to go back !!! I CAN'T WAIT until August !!! OH yes . . . We are taking the oldest and his wife this time and will be staying in the River View Cabin, it has a electric fireplace and it's own little wood porch, even rocking chairs !!
The caretakers were excellent. Courteous. Helpful. Everything is ejaculate and clean.
It is someplace I would recommend to all my family and friends without any hesitation. I'm hoping that we can get together with friends some time soon and ride the motorcycles up there and all stay for the weekend. It would be a great bike trip !

Room Tip: The best room is the River View Room with Porch.
  • Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 11 May 2011

I have been visiting the Sequoia Lodge for over 10 years. Whenever life gets too hectic or it throws me a curve ball I instantly book a room at the Sequoia Lodge. It is a place to relax and renew mind, body and soul. My visit in May 2011 was a wonderful suprise. The place has had a face lift (after the fire) and it looks better than ever. There are places to chill along the river (My favorite spot is at the red bench, just a few feet from the river,under the big oak tree early in the morning watching the sunrise dance across the river - pure joy!). If you love to fish your only steps from the river. They have the cutiest fish shack (it's a girl thing) fully loaded with everything you need to dress your fish. BBQ's nearby to cook it up. Several patios with misters (summertime cool) to chow down that rainbow trout. The rooms are nicely decorated in a camping theme. Thank-you Pat for your hospitality and friendlieness when I really needed it. We will be back after Memorial Day. See you then.

Room Tip: Call them and they will accomidate your needs
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2011

My fiance and I planned a road trip starting in Vegas then into and around California. We planned to drive from Vegas in the morning, spend the afternoon driving through Death Valley and needed a convenient place to stay before hitting the road again the next day heading north to San Francisco. We did a lot of searching online but opted for Sequoia Lodge mainly due to it's location as it seemed ideal on paper.

We arrived fairly late around 10pm to a warm welcome and a lovely clean room. We didn't get to see much of the scenery as it was already dark, and as such the next morning we were blown away by the surrounding beauty. We spent a good couple of hours just sitting by the river both taking photographs and taking in the view - it was stunning - if we hadn't had plans that next day we both agreed we would've loved to have stayed longer!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2011

Convenient, comfy, fabulous Managers- Felt like Family. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2011

We were very pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of our room! It was well decorated, well stocked with anything we needed and on the river. They have a fish shed which we used to clean all the trout we caught. Several patio areas with gas or charcol grills made it fun for us to cook dinner even in the rain and snow fall!
A kitchenette in the room was just what we needed for our drinks and food for our stay. The heater warmed the room very quickly and rooms had plenty of windows for ventilation.
The staff and owners are very friendly and made us and the other guests feel very welcome.
There is a general store right across the street which serves hot food and carries any supply you might have forgotten at home.
We loved it here and would stay again!!

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 January 2011

This was a great place to say. It was very quaint and the rooms were quiet, well sized, and comfortable. We came with our two children and it was just perfect for us. The manager (Pat) was very friendly and made sure that we were always comfortable. She even asked one of the other groups, who was there for snowboarding, if it was a good place to take our children sledding. (We were there to play in the snow) She gave us a great tip on where to go and the day of sledding turned out perfect! She even offered us some sleds but we had already brought our own. She was very nice and recommended good places to eat. Everything was very clean, certainly the cleanest place that we have ever stayed and we travel a lot! I would recommend this to anyone looking for a place to stay in the area and I will be staying there again! Thanks so much for the great mini-vacation!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 December 2010

We stayed here last year for Christmas & it was fantastic!! We're doing it again this year - it was such a success. Our friend also rented a place there & loved it. So nice & so quiet. Very clean. Outside fire pit. Our son really enjoyed himself too! I highly recommend it.
Rose & Reid

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
River View Lodge
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights
Piazza's Pine Cone Inn
Piazza's Pine Cone Inn
#1 of 8 in Kernville

Been to Sequoia Lodge? Share your experiences!