Durrwood Creekside Lodge B&B
The Kern Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
US$108
  • Free Internet
Sequoia Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
US$126
US$116
Barewood Inn & Suites(Wofford Heights)
US$108
Hotwire.com
US$64
US$57
WoodSpring Suites Bakersfield(Bakersfield)(Great Value!)
US$74
Hotels.com
US$53
  • Pool
Kernville Inn(Kernville)
No availability for your dates from our partners
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We checked in and were given a room that did not lock. Somehow, though, the guy at the "office" was no where to be found. We looked and called out for almost an hour, to no avail. Wrote a note in case the guy came back and then returned later to seek help for the room that did not lock. Who the hell wants to stay in an eerie place with a stranger hanging out at all times in the front and walking around (apparently he is always there), with no one to assist you when you need it, and a damn door that doesn't lock??? I don't see how anyone would pay for that. Clearly the place is very neglected. The service is lacking. I have been asking for a refund (we never got assisted, so we didnt stay) for days and getting a runaround...I would hope NO ONE would waste there money like I just did on this pit. If you are going to run a business and accept people's money, you should provide something for it! Eeriest place I have ever had to walk around lol. The door was made out of plywood, so even if the lock had worked, this place is very lacking.

Room Tip: don't go here! if the people would fix this place up, perhaps it would be great. but as it stands it is not worth it at all.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2012

the owner, and the location, really make this a geat place. Nothing fancy, but absolutley calm and welcoming. Had a great time visiting with the other guests and exploring the creek. MANY MANY MANY great pools for swimming and wading and rocks for sunbathing. The lodge is a little way up the canyon, but that made it QUIET - as I rode up the canyon on my way there I was getting discouraged as the riverside campgrounds were just packed to over flowing (labor day weekend). I was plesantly surprised when the owner greeted me at the gate and showed me to my lovely room overlooking the creek. The lower patio - all with magical lights and glider chairs - is a real treat. Liked it so much we all decided to BBQ steaks on the patio instead of going into town for dinner. BTW - the local grocery store (in Kernville) has very nice cuts of meat! A very nice weekend, hope to go back soon.

Room Tip: I am going to try for the cabin next time - the walls of the rooms are a little thin.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank liz l
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed at Durrwood Creekside Lodge on the night of 8/4 prior to going white water rafting on the Kern River. Although the rate was favorable ($80 or $90 cash), the place seemed run down. Although the people were very nice and friendly, the room was not adequate and we were glad we only had to stay 1 night.

At first glance we were willing to overlook the "outdoorsy decor" with the animal skin on the wall (missing a foot) and the deer pillows and odd stuffed animals. Also, the room's walls, ceiling and door were made out of ply wood. The worse part was that the carpet was wet and had a large white stain on it and there were tons of spider webs on the wall as if the room hadn't been dusted in a long time.

Overall the place could be a gem if the owners decided to put some money into it.

We would never stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meghan J
Reviewed 13 August 2012

WE had a pleasant visit, sweet people, great breakfast and clean rooms, ok rates, The Gazebo was right by the river and we could hear the water rsuhing all weekend, We traveled to the 100 Acre Woods big Trees within a few minutes. The family that run this establishment are very nice, very attentive and we could BBQ our own food. Cable would have ben nice but other than that we had a blast.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Me and my husband had a great stay. Met alot of fun people and got to take our dog. The property is beautiful. We never had to leave the grounds to hike up to a waterfall. This place is not the ritz its furnishing are not new so dont expect to much but are room was very clean. The owners are very nice and yes they do have a very sweet 200lb dog Brutus. It is a great place for a family/freind getaway. The fire pit at night is awsome everybody hangs out for some cocktails in the evening. If you want a super quiet setting this might not be for you. If you want a beautiful veiw of the trees and river and good company this is you place. WE will be back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple