“Mountain Bike Adventure”
Review of The Kern Lodge

The Kern Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Kernville
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Highly recommended. We had 20 guys and the staff took great care of us. The rooms were clean and well maintained. walking distance to the car show, the restaurants, and the bike shop/tour facility. Perfect for our group. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
KernLodgeSue, Owner at The Kern Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Scott -- Thank you for your review of the property. I hope to see you and your group up here again soon. Sue

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Stop over on motorcycle tour. Ideal location as a base to start Northwards Sequoia etc. Arrived fairly late for check-in but were given a warm welcome by Sue and Rocky. We were given two seperate rooms as an upgrade with no additional charge. The bathroom was fine with plenty of hot water and there were small flat screen tv's. Some rooms extend into basic family rooms with bunks etc - ideal for families. Sleep quality was good. There is no breakfast but we were directed to Carols traditional diner in town - serving great breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
KernLodgeSue, Owner at The Kern Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Thank you for staying with us and your comment that you would return to stay again. We try very hard to make the Lodge as comfortable as possible for our guests. Since I have so many types of rooms here, next time ask for a larger room that would be more comfortable for you and your traveling buddy. Thanks again for staying with us. Sue Wiruth

Reviewed 7 October 2013

The host, Sue and her dog 'Rocky', are wonderful greeters and did all they could to make us feel welcome and comfortable. The Lodge is in an extremely convenient location in Kernville. We came for the fly fishing on the Kern River and definitely will come again.

Room Tip: We were lucky enough to stay in the 'house' that is part of the motel; a two bedroom home wi...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
KernLodgeSue, Owner at The Kern Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Hello Kathy,
Thank you for your review. I would like to ask which room you stayed in, that you gave only a 4 out of 5 rating to? I try to strive for 5 out of 5, which I know is not always possible with rooms that were built in 1955-- but I would like to try anyway. Thank you for staying with us. Sue Wiruth, Owner

Reviewed 6 October 2013

Once a year my motorcycle group does a Memorial ride for a friend that past away. We always stay at the Kern Lodge and have had nothing but great experiences there. After our big ride on Saturday, we go the the picnic area they have, light a fire in the pit, and cook up a delicious meal on the two professional grade gas BBQ's they have. This year we had the BBQ for 31 people without a problem. The rooms are alway clean and well supplied, and the beds super comfy. The management does everything possible to make your stay great.

Room Tip: The Bungalow rooms are quaint and charming, but the suites are spectacular.
1  Thank Peter L

Thank you for coming back year after year! I look forward to having you guys stay here. See you next time -- Sue

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Sue went above and beyond in returning the luggage that I left behind. I woke her up, but she was very accommodating, and had it FedEx'd to me. The lodge was great - rooms clean and neat. I was in a group of about 25 bikers, and we all got in and settled in record time. Amazing! Thanks again, and sorry I woke you up.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thanks for the great review! I'm also glad that you got your luggage back in a timely manner. I hope that you come back again in the future -- and you can wake me up anytime. That's why it's called Hospitality... Sue

Reviewed 30 September 2013

We talked to Patrick about bringing 25 motorcyclists to his lodge for the night. He made all arrangements for us with the individuals in an expedient fashion. All rooms were neat and clean as could be along with the grounds. Very quaint place that reminds me of the smaller mom and pop motels when I was a kid. Much better than the chains. I had a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen and huge fireplace. I will go back and stay again. Thanks again Patrick.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank iraywest
KernLodgeSue, Owner at The Kern Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2013

I'm glad that you had a good time at the Lodge and that all the other motorcyclists did also. We enjoyed having you!! Patrick works very hard to make sure the groups are taken care of, so I appreciate your input that he is doing a great job!! The whole town of Kernville hopes that you will return again in the future, as you helped several businesses with your stay! Sue Wiruth

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have stayed at Kern Lodge many times and love the small town hospitality that it offers. It is very clean and comfortable and they are always very helpful. We love the location in Kernville, because you can walk to almost every part of the town, including restaurants and the local market. It was a very relaxing weekend and the whole family enjoyed it!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Pam,
First of all, Thank you for coming back and staying at the Lodge. I want everyone to have a great time while staying here and to resolve any issues that a guest might have with the rooms or any service from my crew. I noticed that you seemed to have a problem with the service. May I ask what the issue was so I can fix it for next time? You can call the Lodge or email us at info@thekernlodge.com -- I will answer your email personally. Hope to see you again in the near future.
Sue Wiruth

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
Sequoia Lodge
#2 of 3 in Kernville
Piazza's Pine Cone Inn
Piazza's Pine Cone Inn
#1 of 9 in Kernville

Been to The Kern Lodge? Share your experiences!