“Wish they took pets...”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kernville
Los Angeles, California
“Wish they took pets...”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I travel to kernville with my family often and we used to stay at the kern lodge exclusively after years of staying at different hotels and being disappointed. We got a dog a couple of years ago and haven't been able to stay there. I'm currently sitting in another hotel in town and wishing we were down the street again. I wish they took pets...I miss it! I'd pay extra! Our trips to kern have become less enjoyable as a result of loosing our favorite hotel!

Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
KernLodgeSue, Owner at The Kern Lodge, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Please contact the office and ask for me. For repeat guests I often make an exception on the dog rule. So often in the past guests have left their pets alone in the room to bark and disturb other guests. But Knowing that a guest will be responsible for their pet and never leave the pet unattended would be a reason to say yes.... Sue Wiruth

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were traveling with our 2 kids. My father in law lives close and recommended the Kern Lodge. After a week in a car listening to kids fight, anything probably would have been ok. We were met by Rocky and Sue, she found out we had kids, and made sure we were more than taken care of! We stayed in the suite, and it was such a pleasant surprise! Not only separate rooms, but great comfortable beds! Our place had a full kitchen, and couch. I just cannot say how much this place meant to us! It was like home away from home! SO SO much nicer than any hotel I have ever stayed at! I will recommend this place to everyone I talk to! Thank you, Sue for such a great visit!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Santa Clara, California
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Was on a motorcycle trip with a friend of mine from the UK. We arrived and went to registration where we met Rocky (canine) who opened the door for us and his human, Sue. She said that our room was next to some workers who were staying there and it might be a bit loud so she'd move us to a different room so we could get a good night's rest.

My friend was a bit sore from all the riding we'd done and asked if our room had a bath which it didn't. Sue then upgraded us to a huge room/suite with a bath that was just awesome. We very much enjoyed our stay there and would go back there in a heartbeat... wished we could've stayed an extra night because it would totally have been worth it. The bed I slept on was one of the most comfortable beds I've stayed on!

Thanks so much, Sue, for making us feel welcome and comfortable for the evening. Please give Rocky a skritch for us! :)

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Great location and really helpfull staff. The whole area is very pretty and you can walk into the local town. Room are clean and have everything you need.

And it's right next door to a small local brewery that have excellent beer !!

And look out for Rocky the dog. Very friendly too

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
San Diego, California
Reviewed 16 October 2013

While doing some backpacking in the Kern Valley it started to get to cold for us, so we decided to head into Kernville and get a room. I had previously stayed at The Kern Lodge and knew the rooms where nice. The host quoted us a room price that was good, but we shopped around. Eventually we came back, and the host took pity on us and she upgraded us to the house on the property! Way more then we needed but the the Jacuzzi tub helped the sore muscles. Definitely will stay at The Kern Lodge again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
KernLodgeSue, Owner at The Kern Lodge, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Hello and thank you for the review. I am curious that you only gave the sleep quality a 4 out of 5. I would like to know what you didn't like. The King bed in the Penthouse is a tempurpedic bed; was this the bed you were referring to? If not, which bed? I want to insure that I take care of any beds that guests might be having a problem with during their stay. Thanks again for the review. Hope to hear from you. Sue
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Really really enjoyed our Oct 2013 weekend at The Kern Lodge. We had the 2 bedroom, 2 bath house hidden at the rear of the property. It was spotless, and the kitchen had everything you might need. We especially enjoyed the upper balcony with seating overlooking our own private grass lawn. And when I left my laptop by mistake, the Lodge found it and Fed Ex'd it back to me the very next day! Awesome.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Anna,
Thank you again for staying with us. I hope that you and your family come back again in the near future. Glad that you got your laptop back without a hitch. You were actually the third laptop I had to ship back in the same week! Thanks again -- Sue
Jamul, California
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Highly recommended. We had 20 guys and the staff took great care of us. The rooms were clean and well maintained. walking distance to the car show, the restaurants, and the bike shop/tour facility. Perfect for our group. I will stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Scott -- Thank you for your review of the property. I hope to see you and your group up here again soon. Sue
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kernville
Sequoia Lodge
#1 of 1 in Wofford Heights
Whispering Pines Lodge
Whispering Pines Lodge
#2 of 3 in Kernville

Been to The Kern Lodge? Share your experiences!