The Kern Lodge
Kernville Inn(Kernville)
  • Restaurant
Sequoia Lodge(Kernville)
View Hotel
Barewood Inn & Suites(Wofford Heights)
Lakeview Motel(Mountain Mesa)
Portal Motel(Lone Pine)
View Hotel
All reviewsbrewing companymicro breweryplace to staythe staff was friendly and helpfuldeath valleyright next doorcomfortable bedsspent one night herepizza barnbrewery restaurantgrocery storelake isabellanice roomstocked kitchenettelarge bathroomcoffee machineoff season
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We discovered this place on the fly and would definitely stay there again when visiting Sequoia national Monument. The suite was huge and had everything you would need for a mid to long-term stay. This place was exceptionally clean with very comfortable beds. The manager Sue, was warm and friendly, willing to make attraction and restaurant recommendations.

When in Kernville, don't forget to check out the Kern River brewery and the trail of 100 giants. It is possibly one of the most beautiful trail experiences you can have. Looking up at those giant Sequoia's is almost spiritual.

Room Tip: Ask if the suite is available.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michael M
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This was the third trip my son and i have made to the kern lodge on our motorcycles and for sure it will not be the last. My son had booked our room for my birthday in november and when we arrived we were upgraded to room 301 that was a two bedroom unit that had a full sized kitchen, a huge bathroom, living room with a fireplace, dining room and by far the most comfortable bed i have had in a motel/lodge. The staff and the owner are the best and they make you feel like they are truly glad that you are staying with them. I have stayed at just about every motel in kernville and none of them even come close to the Kern Lodge! We will be going back soon for a fishing trip and this is the only place for us.

Room Tip: If you are a family you will love room 301
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dave w
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I travel to kernville with my family often and we used to stay at the kern lodge exclusively after years of staying at different hotels and being disappointed. We got a dog a couple of years ago and haven't been able to stay there. I'm currently sitting in another hotel in town and wishing we were down the street again. I wish they took pets...I miss it! I'd pay extra! Our trips to kern have become less enjoyable as a result of loosing our favorite hotel!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
KernLodgeSue, Owner at The Kern Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Please contact the office and ask for me. For repeat guests I often make an exception on the dog rule. So often in the past guests have left their pets alone in the room to bark and disturb other guests. But Knowing that a guest will be responsible for their pet and never leave the pet unattended would be a reason to say yes.... Sue Wiruth

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We were traveling with our 2 kids. My father in law lives close and recommended the Kern Lodge. After a week in a car listening to kids fight, anything probably would have been ok. We were met by Rocky and Sue, she found out we had kids, and made sure we were more than taken care of! We stayed in the suite, and it was such a pleasant surprise! Not only separate rooms, but great comfortable beds! Our place had a full kitchen, and couch. I just cannot say how much this place meant to us! It was like home away from home! SO SO much nicer than any hotel I have ever stayed at! I will recommend this place to everyone I talk to! Thank you, Sue for such a great visit!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Was on a motorcycle trip with a friend of mine from the UK. We arrived and went to registration where we met Rocky (canine) who opened the door for us and his human, Sue. She said that our room was next to some workers who were staying there and it might be a bit loud so she'd move us to a different room so we could get a good night's rest.

My friend was a bit sore from all the riding we'd done and asked if our room had a bath which it didn't. Sue then upgraded us to a huge room/suite with a bath that was just awesome. We very much enjoyed our stay there and would go back there in a heartbeat... wished we could've stayed an extra night because it would totally have been worth it. The bed I slept on was one of the most comfortable beds I've stayed on!

Thanks so much, Sue, for making us feel welcome and comfortable for the evening. Please give Rocky a skritch for us! :)

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends