“Wow, Don't stay here”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kernville
Falling Waters River Resort
Colombo
“Wow, Don't stay here”
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Wow, I don't recommend staying at the Falling Waters River Resort. My wife and I just returned to the USA from a tour in Sri Lanka and the accomidations in Sri Lanka (which is a "developing country") were better. The decor was straight out of a 1950's movie. I almost asked for my money back but my best friend had made the reservations and paid before I got there. That said, the bed was relatively confortable, the roof didn't leak and the shower provided water. However, I had a constant reminder that a yellow tractor was behind the room because there was no curtain on the back window. I'm sorry to say I was very disappointed and I've been visiting the Kern River for 15+ years.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ETL_24

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Paso Robles, California
Reviewed 23 March 2011

I simply love this place. been rafting with Chuck for some 25 years before he bought this place. Since than for the last 7 or 8 years have totally enjoyed the cabins. The staff is wonderful they make you feel right at home as well as our dog (STAR). The river is close so thats makes tubing a great experience. Will continue to enjoy staying there for many years to come.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank drownrat
Simi Valley, California
Reviewed 3 January 2011

My wife and I stayed from Dec 30 till Sunday Jan 2nd and took our Black Lab. The staff was absolutely great. Our son and daughter-in-law joined us for the weekend on Friday the 31st. We had a great time and the rooms were clean and well kept. We will be making this a regular. My wife wants to plan 3 more stays this year. I think you better have reservations during the peak season. This place has got to fill up fast.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dorgra
Littleton, Colorado
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My son,cat & I have stayed at Falling Waters several times. The staff is warm and friendly. They go out of their way to make sure the guests and their pets are comfortable and have fun. They are knowledgable of lovely places to visit. The pool is a jewel. The woodsy environment for the cabins is charming and relaxing. Each room has it's own decorative theme so it is fun to choose from Victorian, pirate, old Egypt, romantic, Bear Country, etc.

The owner is a well known River Rafting Guide. His stories are delightful of the early days of river running on the Kern if one is lucky enough to be there when he is around.

• Stayed July 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This is our second time around to visit this property. This time we stayed 5 nights over Thanksgiving week instead of 3 and requested the same room #24 Roses are Forever. We were last here in 2007. Is the second time around better? No, because the first time around was delightful and nothing has changed, it is still delightful! Nothing has changed, the décor is still enchanting, the room/cabin was still immaculate and the staff was still extremely friendly and helpful.

I deemed it necessary to write a second review simply because we enjoyed it so much, again, and I did read a few negative reviews which if you take them into consideration for staying here you would be doing yourself a tremendous injustice and missing out on a great vacation.

As in any lodging there were a couple of minor repairs that needed to be addressed and as soon as we mentioned them they were fixed. The staff was very friendly and I had long chats with a lovely woman that wears a couple of hats of being a desk clerk as well as housekeeping. What a delight these chats were!

Everything again was provided in the room from cooking utensils and dishes to salt and pepper and even napkins and dish detergent.

The sound of the river and the sight of wildlife roaming around (deer, fawns, squirrels, etc.) from our porch was the icing on the cake.

Seriously, for a truly great experience that is moderately priced, this is the place to stay in Kernville.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank grnvlysandy
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My parents have been staying at the Falling Waters for years.My parents love river fishing and this is the place to do it! For fathers day, my husband and I decided to accompany my parents to Kern for a fishing weekend. It was a lot of fun. I took my dog with me and she was so very welcomed. There are certain rooms designated for pets to stay in. Once we arrived, our room was prepared with a dog bed, blanket, bowls and treats. It was a pleasure being so welcomed. I especially love this place because its like camping without the tent and heat. I loved this place so much that I convinced my sisters and their families to go there the following weekend. It was a great family experience! The staff is very friendly and always willing to help with any requests. The village is a 5 minute drive away with cute little shops and restaurants. I will definitely go back and recommend this place to anyone in need for a relaxing get away.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mardirossian
Walteria, CA
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My mom. sister and myself stayed 2 nights and the Falling Waters RR, formerly the Lazy River Lodge. We had many fond memories of the place.
They have remodeled the rooms and gave them each a theme. We stayed in the Nile. It was 107 this particular weekend and the AC was having a difficult time keep the room cool but the owner came immediatly and brought in a back-up unit and an extra fan which was greatly appreciated. The place is rustic but sits close to the beatiful Kern River. We were comfortable and the staff was freindly and accomodating.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family