Falling Waters River Resort
The Kern Lodge(Kernville)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$126
Travelocity
Kernville Inn(Kernville)
US$108
Barewood Inn & Suites(Wofford Heights)
US$108
Travelocity
Lakeview Motel(Mountain Mesa)
US$83
US$78
US$64
US$57
All reviewspeaceful stayget awayplace to stayfishcoffee makerroad triplake isabellabillietoasterunitriverpiledfireplacebbqdogkitchenettetrees
Reviewed 13 December 2010

My son,cat & I have stayed at Falling Waters several times. The staff is warm and friendly. They go out of their way to make sure the guests and their pets are comfortable and have fun. They are knowledgable of lovely places to visit. The pool is a jewel. The woodsy environment for the cabins is charming and relaxing. Each room has it's own decorative theme so it is fun to choose from Victorian, pirate, old Egypt, romantic, Bear Country, etc.

The owner is a well known River Rafting Guide. His stories are delightful of the early days of river running on the Kern if one is lucky enough to be there when he is around.

• Stayed: July 2010
Reviewed 27 November 2010

This is our second time around to visit this property. This time we stayed 5 nights over Thanksgiving week instead of 3 and requested the same room #24 Roses are Forever. We were last here in 2007. Is the second time around better? No, because the first time around was delightful and nothing has changed, it is still delightful! Nothing has changed, the décor is still enchanting, the room/cabin was still immaculate and the staff was still extremely friendly and helpful.

I deemed it necessary to write a second review simply because we enjoyed it so much, again, and I did read a few negative reviews which if you take them into consideration for staying here you would be doing yourself a tremendous injustice and missing out on a great vacation.

As in any lodging there were a couple of minor repairs that needed to be addressed and as soon as we mentioned them they were fixed. The staff was very friendly and I had long chats with a lovely woman that wears a couple of hats of being a desk clerk as well as housekeeping. What a delight these chats were!

Everything again was provided in the room from cooking utensils and dishes to salt and pepper and even napkins and dish detergent.

The sound of the river and the sight of wildlife roaming around (deer, fawns, squirrels, etc.) from our porch was the icing on the cake.

Seriously, for a truly great experience that is moderately priced, this is the place to stay in Kernville.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank grnvlysandy
Reviewed 6 August 2010

My parents have been staying at the Falling Waters for years.My parents love river fishing and this is the place to do it! For fathers day, my husband and I decided to accompany my parents to Kern for a fishing weekend. It was a lot of fun. I took my dog with me and she was so very welcomed. There are certain rooms designated for pets to stay in. Once we arrived, our room was prepared with a dog bed, blanket, bowls and treats. It was a pleasure being so welcomed. I especially love this place because its like camping without the tent and heat. I loved this place so much that I convinced my sisters and their families to go there the following weekend. It was a great family experience! The staff is very friendly and always willing to help with any requests. The village is a 5 minute drive away with cute little shops and restaurants. I will definitely go back and recommend this place to anyone in need for a relaxing get away.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mardirossian
Reviewed 25 July 2010

My mom. sister and myself stayed 2 nights and the Falling Waters RR, formerly the Lazy River Lodge. We had many fond memories of the place.
They have remodeled the rooms and gave them each a theme. We stayed in the Nile. It was 107 this particular weekend and the AC was having a difficult time keep the room cool but the owner came immediatly and brought in a back-up unit and an extra fan which was greatly appreciated. The place is rustic but sits close to the beatiful Kern River. We were comfortable and the staff was freindly and accomodating.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank Pippylu
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We spent a few lovely days at the Falling Waters River resort on our Californian travels.
Our room ,no 27, was at the end of the litle avenue of semi detached cabins. Our cabin had a lovely victorian bedroom theme, with a four poster bed, and net drapes. a great deal of thought has gone into creating the theme, witrh lovely touches,eg pot pourri, sweets, chaise longue. The victorian ornaments and memorabilia is fascinating to look at, and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The cabin is spotlessy clean, full a/c and ceiling fan, and well maintained, with 4 electric rings/microwave/coffee maker/fridge/toaster and full kitchen utensils(including BBQ stuff). The staff (Diane & Billie) were very helpful, and Billie even gave us some mozy spray for the evening on our arrival, in case we needed it.
Our cabin had its own BBQ and seating area, and we loved bbq'ing in the evenings.
We enjoyed watching the white water rafters go past whilst we sat on the riverside .

All in all, lovely peaceful accommodation, nice setting, and only a couple of miles from the delightful town of Kernville. Recommended.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple