“Ok for a night ”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kettleman City
Jaheim
“Ok for a night ”
Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here about 5 years ago when it was a Super 8. Under new ownership. Room was clean and basic for a night after driving all day. Area seemed pretty safe. However.....for the price not a value this is more like a 35-40 dollar a night room. Better than the options in Coalinga according to the reviews we read there.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chapel Hill
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Last-minute decision to stop for the night, and I had to find someplace that accepted my two dogs. It was already dark when I registered at the office. When I drove to the parking spot in front of the room, a pickup zoomed up beside me with his headlights pointed at my room door. I waited in my car for a while, but he stayed there also. Finally, I went back to the office and asked for another room. The woman at the front desk looked annoyed, but gave me one closer to the office. All the parking spots in that area were marked handicapped, but the woman told me they were really just regular spots for the rooms. There were strange noises all night long, like people fixing plumbing or preparing to do a major renovation. On the plus side, decent water pressure, and the room included a mini-fridge and a coffee maker.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Kettleman City hotels

Tustin, California
Reviewed 16 August 2013

I reserved online requesting a non-smoking room alerting them that I would be checking in around midnight. We arrived at 11pm to find that they had just given away my room (which I had secured with my credit card)! The only room available was a smoking room. My husband has bad allergies but we had no choice but to stay there by that time. The room reeked of smoke, a sink full of ashes that had not been cleaned. There were bugs flying around the room. The air conditioning unit was inches from the bed all causing a poor night's sleep. All of our clothes and luggage smelled of smoke for the rest of our trip.

The attendant gave me a $10 off the price of the room as an apology...not enough! When I complained the owner/manager offered me $20 off my next visit...really, do you think I even want to go back!!!!

If you don't mind smoke...this would not be a bad deal if you don't have any other options. The room was large, but again the bed was next to the air unit.

Room Tip: Call the hotel directly, do not book online!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JulieV58
South Yarmouth, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 May 2013

We stayed here one night on our way from Kings Canyon to the California coast. When we arrived at the address we weren't sure we were at the right place. The sign said Super 8, but it looked like the photo online so we went into the office to inquire. We were told it used to be Super 8 but was now Americas Best Value Inn and their new sign had not arrived yet. Having previously looked at the reviews on the Super 8, we were skeptical and asked to see the room before we checked in. The clerk was very nice and gave us a key. Everything looked fine. The room had new carpeting and it looked as if the room had been recently painted. So we checked in. For some reason there was no internet service while we were there. We tried their continental breakfast in the morning and there was nothing worth eating there. They offered bad-tasting coffee and some packaged danish and some tasteless english muffins with no butter. They did have some orange juice that was pretty good, but we ended up throwing most of the breakfast out and going to a fast-food restaurant in the area for breakfast sandwiches. All in all, it was somewhat disappointing (lack of internet service, confusion as to the name of the place and bad breakfast) but we had a clean, comfortable room at a good price.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
#4 of 6 in Lemoore
Motel 6 Coalinga East
Motel 6 Coalinga East
#4 of 7 in Coalinga

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Kettleman City? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Americas Best Value Inn Kettleman City

Property: Americas Best Value Inn Kettleman City
Address: 33415 Powers Drive, I-5 Hwy 41-E to Bernard Dr, Kettleman City, CA 93239 (Formerly Super 8 Kettleman City)
Region: United States > California > Kettleman City
Business Centre with Internet Access Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Kettleman City
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:2 star — Americas Best Value Inn Kettleman City 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Americas Best Value Inn Kettleman City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Super 8 Kettleman City Hotel Kettleman City