Free cancellation until 01/06
BestWestern.com
US$68
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Well to start off first thing I noticed when I came in the room (124) it stunk and the beds were rock hard. I figured it would be alright for one night since it was already 10pm but then I decided to take a shower and the shower head was covered in this whiteish yellow chalky looking stuff so I thought I would just take a bath, well there was no plug to hold the water in so I was just going to use a rag but then I looked harder at the bath and there was pubic hair all over! It was disgusting so I took out the rag and washed out the hair, I got a different rag from the stack and it was filthy but I used it to plug up the tub anyways. As I was running the water on hot I realized it was cold so I turned it all the way on hot and left it. Next I went to the bathroom and the toilet did not flush and started making weird noises so I left it. I got in the bath and it was not hot it was a little warm but mostly cold and I needed to relax (I am 7 1/2 months pregnant) so I sat in there for about 5 minutes then I got out and reached for a towel and offcorse there was hair on one towel so I went to grab the second one (there was only two) and it was filthy it looked as if someone wiped up the floor with it and hung it up so I went to get a hand towel (I didn't bring a towel of my own) and it had a black little bug on it so I grabbed the last thing I could dry off with (the other hand towel) and there was dirt all over it so I had to dry off with facial tissues!! It was horrible but as I thought all this nastyness was going to be over I played in the rock hard bed and felt really ichy, I got up and to my surprise I couldn't stop scratching my legs. So I went to get my own blanket and pillow out of my car and sleep on the floor! So I paid $89.00 to sleep uncomfortable on a hotel room floor for a night. By far the worst experience I have ever had in a hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank amandajazper
David C, Public Relations Manager at Kettleman City Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2018

Dear Amanda,
Thank you for taking time to write a review for our motel. We do look forward to feedback about our business, as it allows us to know what we are doing well and what we should consider changing to improve the guest experience. We do want to know what is important for those who choose to stay with us, so we can ensure that every guest will want to return.

We purchased the property after your stay with the previous owners, and we do want you to come back and stay again after we've completed our complete remodel, extensive property renovations, and staff training, so that we prove to anyone traveling along the I-5 corridor that our property can be one best found for the value. We hope to be done by the end of summer, but we are committed to proving a high-quality product with the best bang for your stay dollar! The changes will include high-speed WiFi; clean, comfortable rooms; and a breakfast to get your day started! Additionally, we will be repositioning our property as a Quality Inn and the completion of the renovation, which is a brand committed to ensuring that staff connects to the people that stay with us while giving you the value you deserve. After all, why not stay with someone that will provide you with an affordable stay and all the amenities you expect, that allow you to relax and focus on what really matters: Memorable experiences.

We do hope that you will come stay with us again once we have completed this project, and write another review about the changes we have made!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

Had to stay here because BW was booked. It's cheap and you get what you pay for. It is clean and ok for a night or two. Towels are not fluffy. Bed was not comfortable. It was quiet. TV has about 15 channels. You'll survive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Dear Mike,

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Tried to check in at 11:15pm and saw a sign on the door "be back in a few." 15 minutes later a car drives up and the counter person had gone to get a hamburger. All fine and dandy but don't leave the counter unattended! My kids wanted to go to bed. Even through we couldn't have used it because it was winter, note that the pool has been filled with sand. Also, hair dryer wash working. Room was dirty and old. What it looked like to me was mold in
the bathroom. Not sure if dirt or mold but either way not good. I paid way to much for this room.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Kbaird,

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed here about 5 years ago when it was a Super 8. Under new ownership. Room was clean and basic for a night after driving all day. Area seemed pretty safe. However.....for the price not a value this is more like a 35-40 dollar a night room. Better than the options in Coalinga according to the reviews we read there.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RobbynBobby,

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Last-minute decision to stop for the night, and I had to find someplace that accepted my two dogs. It was already dark when I registered at the office. When I drove to the parking spot in front of the room, a pickup zoomed up beside me with his headlights pointed at my room door. I waited in my car for a while, but he stayed there also. Finally, I went back to the office and asked for another room. The woman at the front desk looked annoyed, but gave me one closer to the office. All the parking spots in that area were marked handicapped, but the woman told me they were really just regular spots for the rooms. There were strange noises all night long, like people fixing plumbing or preparing to do a major renovation. On the plus side, decent water pressure, and the room included a mini-fridge and a coffee maker.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family