We left late afternoon for a short road trip to Sonoma. The 5 between the Grapevine and the 580 split is a long, boring stretch. Kettleman off ramp is about 4 hours drive for us and time for bed! We usually stop here at this Best Western (now a "plus"). First it is now very hard to find the entrance! There is road construction, but the two motels are up a small dark, unmarked road. They should add signs out on the road where to turn. We also met Becky at the front desk. She was cheery and helpful. This is not really a "plus". It does have the signature bedding. There are new flat screen televisions, however, the reception was no better than the old antenna days. We had a cheesy jacuzzi tub in our room that took up what could have been a seating area. The air was very very loud. In the morning we ate their offered breakfast fare. It is a nice "full breakfast" with eggs, sausage, toasts and cereals. Management needs to have the person overseeing the area clean off the tables. She was busy putting out food, but would disappear for long periods of time. We had to bus our own tables and the trash was building up. Remember, this is a desolate stretch of the 5. If you're looking for something nicer, take the 101 or even the 99 north. If you're tired and looking for a clean, OK place to stay, this will do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to BEST WESTERN Kettleman City Inn & Suites! As the halfway point between Sacramento and Los Angeles, our Kettleman City hotel is a favorite for frequent travelers and road trippers. You’ll enjoy easy access to Interstate 5, an electric car charging station and a friendly atmosphere to make your stay as enjoyable as possible. There’s RV and truck parking available in a gravel lot, plenty of space for your big rig or camping gear. Whether you’re simply passing through, need an extended stay or on an epic road trip, our property is designed with your comfort in mind. Business travelers especially enjoy the quick commutes our Kettleman City hotel makes possible. Oil and construction workers depend on us to be their home away from home, and our helpful staff is always available to help business travelers with their unique needs. Just because you’re in town for work doesn’t mean you can’t squeeze in some leisure time, too. With so many top destinations nearby, it’s easy to make the most of any trip. Our Kettleman City hotel also features honeymoon suites, hot tub suites and family room suites. Is a romantic getaway in order? How about a little extra space for families on their annual trip? We’re the only in and out hotel within 100 miles, and we are always pet friendly because we understand that your furry friend is a must on some trips. We’re also the only hotel within 60 miles with a pool and hot tub. Nothing’s better after a long day of work or adventure than a rejuvenating soak in a hot tub, as employees of PG&E®, one of our frequent business guests, know. Our property is also close to Avenal and Coalinga State Prison, and we welcome many travelers with business to take care of at these locations. Whether it’s a meeting, event or vacation that brings you to this part of gorgeous California, where you stay can make or break your vacation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Priceline, Evoline ltd, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Kettleman City Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Kettleman City Hotel Kettleman City
- Kettleman City Best Western