All reviewswooden bungalowshot waterbalconygeckobeachtoilet
Reviewed 1 August 2015

Exceptional location of bunglows with sea and away from the worst noise in downtown Sihanoukville. The cottages are very basic with no air conditioning, but otherwise quite cozy with the chance to lie in the hammock on the balcony and enjoy the view. Excellent service in the bar and then play delicious electronic music. The breakfast was quite poor, so we chose to eat elsewhere.
You can get an inexpensive stay at Cloud 9, but you also get what you will pay for.

Room Tip: Bungalow no. 5 have the best view.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2015 via mobile

Had breakfast / lunch here was fantastic. We decided to go right at the jetty and found this Peaceful and beautiful place away from the main beach. Clean and tidy Great service. I will definitely be going here again

Stayed: June 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie Z
Reviewed 5 February 2015

I stayed here last month for a period of 3 nights. As soon as we arrived we were welcomed by friendly and helpful staff. The location is perfect as it is at the quiet end of the beach however still within short walking distance of the nightlife. The bungalow was amazing and even better than what I had originally pictured in my head. The view from the balcony of the beach was breathtaking and we were situated in a bungalow up high amongst the trees that gave it a very exotic feel. We just loved our stay. The only thing I would like to point out is that if you are afraid of lizards this may not be the place for you. Whilst I was in the shower I was greeted by a friendly lizard (harmless) but it all added to the experience of staying in a bungalow! Had the most amazing time and am happy to recommend this place to anyone wishing to visit Serendipity beach. Thank you again to all the staff that made our stay pleasant. Hope to be back again someday.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bianka F
Reviewed 25 January 2015 via mobile

My partner and I decided to book several nights at Cloud Nine bungalows at the very end of Serendipity beach purely from a great review on LonelyPlanet.com

On arrival in the mid afternoon, I noticed the bars down by the beach seemed pretty busy and noisy but we quickly relaxed as a short walk separated our bungalow from the main beach (Cloud nine is the furthest point away from the beach, up near the point)... as we arrived at the hotel, the lovely and cheerful Russian staff helped us get settled in.

What we were really looking for was a quiet and relaxed beachside stay. Sadly to say we obviously did not do our research! Don't get me wrong, my boyfriend and I love to party but we like to do it when we want to, not being submitted to it against our choice.

After enjoying some food and drinks at the Cloud 9 bar (along with a pretty hilarious staff member who drinks beer at the bar after knock off and doesn't strictly wear a bra which could be a plus or minus depending on your outlook on professionalism in hospitality) , we headed to bed to sleep... Sadly staying awake until after 3.30am from the obscenely loud club bangers playing at the clubs down the beach. Like so loud, I could hear every lyric and we were literally as far away as it was possible to be.

At around 4am we very grumpily gave up trying to rest and booked accommodation for the next few nights at a quiet hotel in Otres beach. Much more what we were looking for.

Cloud Nine were not at all to blame for the infuriating music from the clubs, but sadly it ruined our stay all the same. Come here if you want a friendly and relaxed palace to stay that is not far from the madness if Serendipity Beach

One more thing- the room was a little in need of some of the more basic handy man fixes. The second lock on the inside of the front door and the locks on the sliding balcony doors were all broken. Also the main locks are those ones that you can pick with a hairpin. So security was pretty terrible. Bathroom light fitting was also broken and hanging off the wall

• Stayed: January 2015
1  Thank LollyGoesTravelling
Reviewed 3 January 2015

As soon as we arrived to Cloud 9 (As far away from the main party area as possible ) we knew we have found a little piece of paradise. There are only 7 bungalows available , the Russian owner Ira was very friendly and helpful and made us feel at home. The bungalows do not have air condition but a big fan and Mosquito net over the queen size bed that faces the ocean. There is a fantastic balcony with a couple of chairs and a hammock that has ocean views, in fact, all of the bungalows have one. There is a small, friendly, well stocked bar that makes fantastic Piña Coladas courtesy of a lad from Liverpool. At night there is chill music playing and a good selection on videos being projected on a screen in the small courtyard area right in front of the ocean. Breakfast is included in the booking. The only drawback is we should have booked this place for longer. A real gem!!

Room Tip: It's best to Email the hotel directly rather than booking through Agoda or Bookings.com. However if you are booking online use Bookings.com
  • Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple