“Welcome escape from sleazy sinoukville”
Review of Otres Beach

Otres Beach
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 17 March 2012

If you find yourself down on the beaches of Cambodia, this is where you want to be. Do yourself a favour and skip serendipity which is a loud, sleazy hole. The fact that it is a little 'out the way' (15mins $4-$5 from serendipity) down a dirt road is the reason why it still maintains it's dignity and natural beauty. Unfortunately there still is some rubbish creeping in on the beach which would be easily solved if the bungalow owners cleaned their section every day. But this place has the most beautiful beach overlooking the islands and some great basic bungalows. We stayed at zen which was $12 a night but had a great atmosphere and the food from the French chef was the best we'd had in Cambodia. You can hire kayaks and sail boats next door as well. It is on the southern end of otres which I would suggest if you really want some R&R, which I must say we really needed after 2 sleepless nights in dingy serendipity.
The beaches in Cambodia will never compare to Thailand or Bali but this place is worth the visit if your down this way and is the best by Cambodian standards, so check it out before the developers move in. I just pray for otres sake that the business owners here have more of a social conscience than on serendipity and ochietal, and leave the natural beauty as the main attraction. Without it this place is nothing.

1  Thank LuxeNomadic
Write a ReviewReviews (3,091)

Reviewed 16 March 2012

This beach is quieter and cleaner than Serendipity but there are still plenty of bars.
The beach itself is lovely but it can be full of rubbish. The day I arrived I was pretty shocked at the state of it: bottles, plastic bags, straws etc strewn all along the seafront. The next few days it was cleaner and I did see some people cleaning it, so it's probably just luck if you're there when it's clean or not.

Reviewed 15 March 2012

At the Southern end of Ochheuteal Beach is Otres which is similar being long and sandy but far less developed with only a dozen or so bars and restaurants. After dark is can be difficult to get transport back to town.

Reviewed 13 March 2012

we have visited this beach twice this year and last year we loved the cleanliness and quietness.excellent for swimming and just relaxing.the shacks were all good fun. cant remember the names of the ones we used

Reviewed 11 March 2012

I have been living in Cambodia for 5 months now. So I know that Cambodian beaches are nothing like Malaysia/Indonesia/Thailand/ the Philippines. You need to go here knowing that it is not going to be like that. I rate the beach 4 stars because compared to the other beaches I have been to Sihanoukville, Kep, and Kampot, I like this one most so far. When it is sunny the water looks quite nice. There are some restaurants and you can go kayaking and do windsurfing here. It isn't overcrowded. My friends and I who came from Phnom Penh all enjoyed this beach. Maybe if you just came from Thailand or something you would be disappointed. But for us for a weekend trip it was nice and relaxing :)

1  Thank NathalieSaysDoot