“Really???”

Toronto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really???”
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Overdue review... We spent 1 week in Sihanoukville last month and enjoyed every minute of it... We stayed at Sokha Beach hotel but ventured around looking for a true local experience... and we got it. We ate at Bayon several times during our short holiday primarily because of the sympathetic owner. It was event had to get a seat in the restaurant. Food is fine, not a 5 star but appropriate. We enjoyed it. I strongly recommend this place for fun and immersion.
;)

• Visited July 2013

marmaris
“STAY AWAY FROM MAFIA OWNER..DIRTY FOOD”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

MAFIA OWNER-DIRTY FOOD
Me my wife and 2 years old child went to Bayon restaurant for a dinner..The place is after golden lions at serendipity road up of the hill which cross road of occehataul beach..Owner is 47 years old fat coiffeur which have barber shop near restaurant..Every restaurant was full because of chinesee year but this place was totaly empty..We ordered one dish with beef and said well done cooked..The waiter didnt understand anything what we ordered because he doesnt speak english he said in the dirty smallkitchen the cook which is 17 years old one girl also she doesnt speak english too no one understand us..I said with acts that I want english speaking people for order food and they called from near shop owner woman..I said to her we will give this food to our child and we want good cooked no any blood..We were alone but waited 25 minutes after food came..It was terrible plate of dish we cut piece of meat it was full blood ..Because I explained 10 times before I was shocked..I said to waiter to cook more didnt do anything I took plate entered kitchen for cook more kitchen was small dirty mess .Cook girl swear to my face in khmer language and refused to cook again..I said I never saw this kind of place before and we went out in this moment I heard scream of my wife..This monster fat strong owner woman was holding and turning the hands of my wife and shouting you will pay tou will pay..I entered inside and hardly I could stop this monster for not hurt my wife ..Owner woman hold my hands strongly and was shouting you will pay you will pay..
I said to my wife take the child and run to hotel..She could escape with our baby..Owner woman was hitting me and shouting that I will pay 3 dolar..I tried to explain we didnt eat this bloody meat and refused to pay..The waiters were making telephone calls nonstop and suddenly 7 or 8 khmer man came to hit me..I realized that I am in big trouble I was shouting call police call police to tuk tuk drivers and they called..These men total 7 or 8 people were around of me and started hit suddenly I found myself fight with many men for nothing.In this moment two strong looking tourist were at there and I asked help to me..I am appreciating this two man a lot that helped me for backup and police came..I was happy that police would protect me but I was totaly mistaken..These many khmer man and this owner witch came to police point.It was writing TOURISM POLICE…Only 2 police were..They asked my passport and learned which hotel which room I stay..I explained everything and I said I am lawyer I know the law that I am right..One police was speaking with this woman and her group and the police wrote the one paper 100 usd..I didnt understand anything..Police said if I pay to this woman one hundred dolar problem will finish.. I said to police I didnt do anything wrong why will I pay this Money?.Police said that because I am tourist and here CAMBODIA…I have problem with cambodian thats why I must pay..I couldnt believe this outlaw polices how exist..I refused to pay ..Police gave my hotel and room number to these bandit mafia group to bring my wife and child to bring police point..This group hurrily went to my hotel..I was shocked and said to polices how can do this they are my enemies they will kidnap my wife and child..Police turned looked at me and said then I have to pay OR…???It was blackmail and I realized my situation that moment..
I said if they will not do anything to my wife and child and if he call this bandit mafia group back I will pay..Police said o.k and telephoned to them to not touch my wife and child..
I paid this Money to owner of Bayon restaurant but I dont know how she shared with the polices..
After immediatily we moved from outlaw sihanoukville to safe Thailand..

• Visited January 2012
2 Thank hakus
Siem reap
“The usual Sihanoukville's chow and service”
Reviewed 13 October 2011

Sometimes I think all the Khmer-owned small restaurants in the Occheteuil and Serendipity beaches use the same printer for their menus, as they surely use the same artisan to paint their billboards. I have noticed they do offer the same dishes. There might be a slight difference on prices, but the dishes are those.

Bayon Beach has a long history of changes : I think it has changed its location and ownership 3 times in 5 years.

I had dinner there recently, it was raining like the hell and I was just in front of it when my wife told me to head there.

We ordered our Khmer plates , or , better, my wife ordered the dishes because they do not speak much English.

My luk-lak tasted exactly like the one I had the previous night in a a beach shack, and the waiter looked like the one in the other place, too:it means lazy , shy staff with no skills at all.
My wife left his amok uneaten after a few nibbles.

Conclusion: terribly ordinary food , terrible service.

No more.

• Visited October 2011
5 Thank NagaraVatta
Derby
“Avoid at all costs.”
Reviewed 17 January 2011

This restaurant has a dirty kitchen and gave me a bad case of food poisoning, which put me out of action for two days. If that isn't enough to put you off, the bad service will. They don't speak or understand English well so they got our drinks wrong (I got a can of tonic instead of a gin and tonic) and the starter came out after the main, plus the menus are difficult to follow and it's in a poor location anyway. There are much better places nearby where you can get better food and service and not get poisoned like the New Sea View Villa, Les Jardin Aux Hibiscus and the Outback restaurant. Even the street BBQ places are much better than here. Don't go.

• Visited January 2011