“A home away from home”

Benny's Boutique Hotel
Ranked #55 of 237 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I stayed for one night at Cheers during my recent trip to Cambodia and thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent there. If I was not running out of time on my holiday I would have stayed longer - next time I will certainly spend more nights as the rooms and facilities were excellent, as was the food and service. The well maintained swimming pool and well stocked bar were also great places in which to relax and unwind.

The hosts were also wonderful. Even if you are travelling by yourself, Les takes the time to introduce you to the other guests and makes everyone feel welcome so that by the time you leave you have made new friends. I look forward to returning sooner rather than later and meeting Les and his staff again. I also look forward to seeing one of the performances that I have heard so much about.

Sihanoukville was also a pleasant beach town to spend a few days of relaxing - and there is lots more to see aside from the beaches. The location of Cheers is also good as it is not right on the noisy hectic beach area so if you are looking for a quiet and secure place away from the crowds then Cheers is the place to be. To get anywhere in town, including any of the beaches, is only a short tuk tuk ride away and if you are arriving by bus then Cheers is also well placed for that too.

Overall I would recommend Cheers to anyone who wants somewhere quiet but where you know you'll have a great time and somewhere you look forward to getting back to in the evening after a day spent sightseeing.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank BlairW_Australia

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Far from the beach and town center, this guest house is gay, but to be gay does not mean STUPID ...

All rooms are very spacious and very clean, when you call directly this hotel the price per night is between 80 / 90 $ without breakfast hotel without elevator sorry but is too expensive.

Why we can find better price on web site between 35/ 60 $ ?

ok friendly and charming staff , ok clean swimming pool

we can forget the distance and the price but tiles and concrete but is not cambodia

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank Noguez
CheersCambodia, Owner at Benny's Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2013

Whether straight or gay we at Cheers welcome all people who are honest & have integrity, which you obviously don’t have.

I think people will draw their own conclusions when they read your other reviews.

You phoned us numerous times during the day to confirm the booking (including the price) of our last 2 rooms at the very busy time of Chinese New Year. You seemed genuine (I was wrong) I am genuine & honest so I kept the rooms for you against my own policy (this won’t happen again) during the day I lost several other genuine bookings for those rooms.

You arrived much later than expected came in for 10 minutes & left without any remorse of losing us a great deal of money. Then you stayed in another place the same price as here or more expensive, depending on the room, just because it saved a 4 minutes drive (in your own car) looks like you really loved it there by your review (not really, ha ha)

At special holiday times ALL accommodation at ALL locations, prices go up, ours outside holiday’s range from $29-$69

Cambodia needs decent tourists to teach the correct values & standards in life to the local people, let’s hope you don’t come back in the near future.

Reviewed 14 February 2013

I returned to Cheers in January 2013. I previously posted a review last year and gave it top marks, but I thought I'd just update a few more observations.

The standards are still impeccable, the hotel spotless, the food great, and the staff most helpful.

There's a lovely guy called Steve now who manages the hotel in the mornings, so breakfast can be served earlier than last year. This enables Les to keep the bar open later in the evening if there are still guests requiring a drink.

There have been some changes to the other staff, but they're all great.

Again, this was the highlight of my holiday in Cambodia. I didn't want to leave and will probably be returning next year. If you're reading this and wondering if it's really worth the effort to include Sihanoukville in your trip...in my opinion it most definitely is. Fantastic place.

Additional -

If you find yourself eating out at the Italian over the road, then he now makes his own Limoncello and Orange equivalent which is absolutely delicious. He'll even sell you a bottle for $10.

I also ate out at a new restaurant called Niamh which is next to B-zone. They serve Asian food which I thought was exceptionally good. So good in fact that I did their cooking course the following morning, which was great. I think it was $25 and you do four courses. Recommended.

Thanks to Les, Steve and co for another wonderful holiday. Love the new ionised pool.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. I loved the room I had this time which was ground floor, facing the pool.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank andywlon

Thanks, it’s good to see in 2013 people still appreciate good standards, service & quality, looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 7 February 2013

When planning our birthday trip to Cambodia, my partner and I stumbled upon the Cheers website. Even though it's scheduled debut wasn't until a week after our trip, they welcomed us with open arms and chilled champagne! This is but a hint at the hospitality and fabulousness that is Cheers Cambodia! Amidst all the craziness of the final construction, they still welcomed us into our immaculately clean room, with fresh fruit and flowers. This chic boutique hotel, with it's luxurious details and extravagant bar, is a destination in itself in the laid back atmosphere of Sihanoukville. Attentive staff, knowledgable concierge, on site security, and by the looks of the high-end kitchen being installed and it's decadent menu, Cheers Cambodia is a golden treasure at the end of any rainbow.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ChaeAmando
CheersCambodia, Owner at Benny's Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Hi,

Nice to see a review from you as you were our first customers / friends here at Cheers Cambodia, I know you are very busy & it’s very nice for you to find the time to give us a review, thanks.

I know you are planning to come back soon, you will see so many changes, including our fabulous chemical free swimming pool with 6 metre Jacuzzi & huge waterfall, many big improvements in many areas, in room safes, led lit shower heads, more gardens, changes to our huge bar with great drinks, music, music video’s & fabulous food, we are constantly improving & adding new features for the comfort of our guests, we are looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 23 January 2013

We stayed only 1 night at Cheers but should have stayed longer. The hotel is very clean and the staff is very kind. The hotel has a large pool in front which was very enjoyable. The room rates are reasonable. If you are wanting to relax and have a good time, then Cheers may be the place. We enjoyed the bar and the staff was very friendly. Les, the owner, was very hospitable and kind to us during our stay. We would definitely stay at Cheers again. The breakfast was simple, fresh and satisfying. Thanks to everyone at Cheers for a wonderful time.

Room Tip: Choose room 8 which is the room with a balcony and it overlooks the pool area.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank J M
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Thanks for great time during the last night of the year 2012. Tons of fun in bar!!! It was my best New Years Eve in last decate! The accommodation is great, comfortable and clean. And our host Less simply unforbettable! Stay there, it is worth doint it!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vaclav_10
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I stayed at this hotel during Xmas/New Year 2012/13 after hearing about the place from a friend.

I want to thank the wonderful host, Les and his staff for a great stay, I cannot think of anywhere better to spend Xmas/New Years Eve than Cheers. Travelling on my own, I thought it would be a bit of a lonely experience but I was mistaken. Les and his staff made me feel at home and a part of their family. Nothing was too much trouble for any of them.

The room was immaculate and deserving of a 5 star rating. The food available (Western) was fantastic and I would especially recommend their 'Super Burgers', Australian Black Angus Beef... Yummy! :-)

Great hotel aside, what makes a holiday really special is how you are made to feel as a guest.... and I have to give Les and all of the staff 110% on that score. I will definitely return to Cheers if I am in Sihanoukville again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo