“Awesome hosts and calming seas”
Review of Mushroom Point

and 1 more site!
Mushroom Point
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

This place has the best ambiance we have encountered in Cambodia. The Australian hosts were a delight and we felt right at home. The beach is relatively quiet and you don't have to worry about noise at night (we stayed across the road from the beach in a private shroom). But there is still plenty of activety at night if you are looking for it. The mushrooms are really cosy and fitted with a fan and safety box. The shower and toilette are separate. If you want to relax, go to the beach and enjoy great breakfast and pizza, just go here. You will not regret it. Also the bar is a great place to meet other people. Everybody here seems to have the same hospitable feel. Oh did I mention they have proper coffee? (Not easy in SE Asia) It's good waking up here...

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Absolutely fantastic and warm environment constructed by the owners and workers of this establishment. I had the pleasure of staying in one of the individual bungalows that actually look like mushrooms, I was the envy of all my friends back home!

The staff are extremely helpful and friendly and were more than willing to assist with all my enquires. Any time I came into the restaurant/common mushroom they were quick to greet me and ask me if I wanted anything to eat or drink. One of the Australian male staff had incredibly dreaming eyes, I'd lose myself in his eyes for what seemed like ages whilst sipping on my iced coffee.

They make some pretty amazing pizzas there if you are looking for something a little different in terms of pizza toppings. I highly recommend the Khmer Pizza.

All in all I had a fantastic time on Otres beach and I highly recommend you base yourself here during your time on such a beautiful and fun filled beach!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Had only planned to spend a couple of days here but ending up staying 4 nights. It was so nice being on the beach away from the busy town with no internet! Staff we're very friendly and always willing to help and the food was great! Would strongly recommend to anyone wanting to get away from it all.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Unfortunatley I only stayed for two night, I would have loved to stay longer.
I can only speak for the dorm mushroom but this one was really nice.
There are fans and mosquito nets (although they might have holes in it)...but I didn't get bitten.
The food was good, a bit expensive but normal for Cambodian hostels.
The hostel was really nicely set up and I can imagine that it's the perfect place when it's sunny. It rained when I was there but I still enjoyed it.
The hostel is in a calmer area but directly at the beach and there are a lot of guests to meet.
The staff was really nice and helpful !

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights and was a cool place. Staff are friendly, the food is nice and dorms are cool in the mushrooms! Right opposite the beach which is great to go chill on during the day.
Nice relaxed place for a few days on the beach

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in April and really enjoyed our stay. The beach is really nice and we spent most of our time relaxing around the mushroom point bar/restaurant on the beach.

The mush(rooms) were 'ok'... The beds were big and comfortable with a mosquito net on them. Not a place to stay if you don't like bugs though, as they are very open to the elements! The toilets are in a separate little mushroom next to the bedroom, which are again open to the elements and not very private. The water ran brown, so we didn't feel particularly clean during our stay, and we had to use bottled water to brush our teeth.

The best things about mushroom point were the staff and the pizza. The blonde Australian receptionist (don't know her name) was very friendly and Gijs and Nick who work behind the bar are great guys!

Finally try the Amok pizza... It's great! :)

We probably wouldn't stay here again, but would definitely drop by the bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank R12000
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We travelled in a group of 6 and stayed at the 7- beds dormitory for 3 nights. We had a great time at Mushroom Point despite not having air-conditioner and only fans. It is quite clean in general, some dust/sands are unavoidable due to the surroundings.

The toilets are clean and well-maintained though we experienced some problem with water supply for 2 or 3 times. Before we were about to shower / half way through our shower, we had to wait for the workers to fix the water supply (if it's during day time). In the night time, we just had to wait for a few minutes, and there would be water again.

The people are very friendly and the breakfast they served are okay. Scrambled eggs are not the best, a bit too dry. But fruits, yogurts and muesli can do you no wrong. The plain bread they served are to our liking as well.

It is also equipped with wifi. And it cost only USD4-5 for 6 of us to travel to Serendipity beach and downtown of Sihanoukville. Definitely a great choice of accommodation if you are planning to stay at Otres Beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends