“Lovely Hotel ”

Ranked #27 of 74 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel ”
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

Don't know why there are bad reviews about the staff. Had no problems with them. They did their job and the cleaners in the morning always smiling saying hello.
Pool are is lovely to chill at. Away from the busy beach.
Perfect location to all bars, restaurants and beach. Pier to get the boat to the islands is 2 minutes away.
Clean, comfy and big bed.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jennifer112

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Having read the reviews I was slightly apprehensive about staying at Serendipity Beach Resort but it was actually a very pleasant stay as a stop over on the way to Koh Rong. The check in was quick and friendly enough, the room was spacious, clean and well equipped and the hotel is right next to the beach and pier which means a quick getaway by boat to the islands. The pool and gym looked pretty decent though I didn't have time to use them myself, and yes, there are quite a lot of signs about not bringing back prostitutes or people that aren't staying there as guests, but I can only assume it's because they've had problems with this in the past.

I found the area around Serendipity beach pretty unpleasant with lots of cut price booze bars, kebab, pizza and fry up places, etc., so I was pleased to return to my pleasant room at night and then leave very early the next day for the islands.

Overall, a good value option in a convenient location.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I was reading through the reviews about Serendipity Beach Resort only after we stayed there. My my, the staff there are certainly gaining themselves a reputation......for being utterly hilarious!
I have never ever experienced such blatant rudeness and self-appointed arrogance, I can't be bothered to explain each individual problem we encountered with them but lets just say we gave it back as good as we got......and it was sooooo much fun!!!! :)
Go there just to see for yourself, the hotel itself is lovely. We had one of the poolside rooms with a terrace and a huge window from the bedroom into the bathroom, which I thought was fabulous and weird!!
The pool is great, the room clean and I would happily rank it a 5.
But the staff......wow.
Just go there for 1 night and enjoy :)
Then pop across the road to the New Sea View Villa, really friendly staff, standard rooms which was find by me and a menu to die for. (Tuna tartare and whole poached snapper.)
Sihanoukville is proving to be the source of some of my fondest memories of Cambo.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Astrid_Bach
Hamilton & Waikato Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

The staff are very rude and offered no assistance or help. The TV had terrible reception and the room had many signs that made me feel unwelcome. Not worth the price. Room is beautiful but staff and unwelcome signage really gave us a negative experience. Have had lovely service in cambodia until now. For some reason they suspect everyone of taking something, so you are made to wait until your room is checked, not a nice feeling to end with.

• Stayed April 2014

Travellers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

the location was our biggest selling point for this hotel but after a smooth check in and getting to our room we were pleasantly surprised! The room was very large, spotless clean and everything worked well. The bathroom was huge with separate bath and shower and plenty of hot water.

We had room 351 which had an amazing view over the beach and pier but we experienced no noise at all as there are double doors leading to the balcony.
Our only real complaint is the internet on the 3rd room was so poor you might as well not have it. It worked fine in the lobby though.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Serendipity State prison that should be a good title for this review.
What a strange hotel. They have a superb accomodation to serve the clients Well, but they treat everyone as a possible gangster who uses drugs, gets hookers in his room and try to damage the hotel in every way they can.
If you enter the hotel the front desk is faces with two displays who tell you the don ts of the hotel. See pictures. On every Floor, step and where they possible can hang it they have warnings for their guests. I was thinking all time over: within af we hours hell breaks loose here, luckely that didn t happened. What you get with this is that you also not trust the hotel and i wasn t surprised to read the several reviews from people who reported stolen goods.
I gave them my pasport to copy and i forgot to ask it back After one hour I tot to the front desk to get it back and they didn t want to give it back! You didn t have luggage and when people don t have luggage we keep their pasport.
I tried to discussie this total unawareness of hospitality with the front desk employee, the only thing I god was a big mouth and pointing to the bad guests and the management who ordered everything. Unbelievable the management! Stop with it and place the guests on a statue. Overall the hotel was good, except the cold water in the shower. They didnt include breakfast in the price to keep it virtual low. Butt he personel and the management who ordered everything was such bad i cant give more dan 1/5,my baddest experience in se asia ever!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank robertcoumans
Jakarta
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

The pros:
- location can't be beat. Just off the beach but not too close so you hear the annoyingly loud music.
- different towels in your room for beach, pool and shower.

The cons:
- Really unfriendly reception staff. Every review that notes this below is right. I was prepared for it, but I have never in my many years of travel experienced anything like it. A smile is for free guys, please. Not all tourists are bad. Every request felt like such an effort and at times we were sniggered at as non-white foreigners when they didn't think we noticed. Body language is everything. The behaviour of front office staff really does affect your first impression of the hotel
- The endless signs warning guests against prostitutes and illegal drugs in common areas; understandable but not the nicest welcome.
- one lift for a hotel with at least 20 rooms over 4-5 floors. Not ideal.
- didn't have breakfast at hotel based on reviews below: tip, go to the folks across the road at Blue Pumpkin but sit upstairs in their seafood restaurant area. The staff are friendly and breakfast options varied and great.

It is a shame that we experienced this at the end of our stay in Cambodia. We had had such a wonderful holiday but felt that it had been spoiled by the especially rude staff. In short, I neither recommend this place nor will stay in it again.

Stayed April 2014