“Soooo relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Nomads Land

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Sihanoukville
Nomads Land
Geneva, Geneve, Switzerland
“Soooo relaxing”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We've been travelling there with our 3 year old son and it was amazing.
Peacful place, harmony with the nature, everything was perfect!
The food was very inspiring and they make sure that eveyone is happy!
Almost 3 weeks there and we wish we could stay longer!
We will go back for sure!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Monica B

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 20 May 2013

When we arrived at Nomads Land, my body relaxed, my mind came to rest and my soul felt at peace within minutes. The source of this is probably the combination of the wonderful hosts Karim and Ariane (their love truly shines through this experience, as somebody else already wrote!) and this exceptional beautiful place! I especially loved dinner - not only, because it was delicious - but also because everybody (hosts and guests) sat down at the same huge table, enjoyed the food, talked and laughed. I can also recommend the numerous hammocks, snorkeling, watching sunrises from the bed in "the fish in the sky"-Bungalow and cuddling with the cat.

Getting to Nomads Land is a little adventure, but worth every pothole (if you take a taxi/minivan and not the ferry)! Just be quick, before those Chinese people finish their cities on the mainland. This will ruin everything. Cause right now, Nomads Land is still one of those rare spots, which come as close to paradise as it can get!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rosi P
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 3 May 2013

This place is amazing! When my friend and I arrived at the island after having a quiet stressful trip it was magic how relaxed we suddenly got. It's like time is runnig more slow on that island and it's not easy to describe what the reason for that is so you can take it home and have this feeling everytime. Of course it would help to live on an island :) but it's more than that. Maybe all the animals (dogs, cats, chickens etc.), the hammocks and other furniture, the NO WIFI, the high attention for details, the music, the eco touch whereever you look at and so many more...
Ariane and Karim created such a nice and calm place and give you the feeling that you are not just a paying guest. The first dinner we had on the island was so cool. The food was brought in bowls and plates to the big table and everyone, no matter if guest or staff or owner, was sitting together and eating. I had the feeling to eat with friends so it was quiet confusing to stay at the table after dinner and not helping them to wash the dishes like you would do when you are at a friends place.
We stayed two nights at the fish in the sky and moved then for more two nights to hop bay now. Both bungalows were so individually and obviously made with love. It was clean and i really have to admit that i never had such good smelling bed sheets in asia before. So top for cleanliness!

To be honest I hate to recommend this place cause actually I don't want more people to go there, as usually nice places change so quick when they get popular. But this would be very selfish ;) So go there and enjoy this small heaven on earth with so lovely people like Ariane, Charlene, Karim and Kevin are! But keep in mind, leaving that is pretty hard...

one last thing: if you are a bad looser in games have a backgammon match with Kevin. You definitively be happy after that ;)

Room Tip: every bungalow is good!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank NoMad1004
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 31 March 2013

this is really a nice place, very beautifull island for nature lovers, the bungalows are realy lovely, I stayed in the ''hob bay now'' and I had to move because I extended my stay to the ''far away'', wich is not that far away ;-)

the food was great, everything is home made, even tabasco (...!) and I had the best fish in my whole life, SERIOUSLY!!!

and I discovered yoga... thank you for that guys. They sayed that next season they'll have resident yoga teacher and reiki master. I'm coming back for sure.

the team is nice and very helfull, and it is true... Karim is the zen master :)))

see you soon guys

Levin

Room Tip: they are all very different bungalows and they all look nice
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Levin B
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 March 2013

Nomad's was my first stop on my SE Asia trip, and I couldn't have imagined a better place. I got picked up in a small speedboat from the mainland and as we approached the island with its small beach and bungalows perched over the water, I felt like I was in a movie.

My bungalow was right on the water and my favorite parts were watching the sunrise from the hammock on my deck, walking 15 minutes to the other side of the island for sunset, and of course hanging with Ariane, Karim, and the other guests. Fresh fish, diving off the dock, snorkeling, and lots of chilling...there was not one guest when I was there that didn't want to stay longer.

Room Tip: All the bungalows are great, but I especially loved mine, the Fish in the Sky. The Hop Bay Now woul...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Taylor M
Essex
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in December at the start of our trip. A perfect place to relax, unwind and work out where we were going to go next! Lovely people, great food. Very easy to spend a few days snorkeling, reading books and looking out at the views. More expensive than most other places we stayed in, but they do have to get everything to the island so can't complain.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MJD8
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2013

Let's be realisitic.The island is not the easiest place to reach although a Chinese funded highway will soon make the national park more accessible from Phnom Penh - with evident consequences. Nomads' accomodation is basic but welcoming (avoid the Faraway hut, there was rat excrement) and staff are great people. Keep in mind that all food & drinks are extras so that's about USD 20p.p /day. The main disappointment is the rubbish. Sunset beach is littered with plastic bottles and cans, the main beach is small but at least is less affected by the currents although the presence of human activity is still evident. I've seen much better beaches & cleaner sea around Asia and just as peaceful locations (Philippines). Snorkelling is ok but it's not worth going diving.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jon c
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sihanoukville
Deluxx Boutique Hotel
#1 of 2 in Koh Rong
Lonely Beach Koh Rong
Lonely Beach Koh Rong
#1 of 41 in Koh Rong

Been to Nomads Land? Share your experiences!