“Great Italian food and more”
Review of Martini Beach Sihanoukville - CLOSED

Martini Beach Sihanoukville
Price range: US$3 - US$15
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Italian cuisine, pizza, full bar right on the beach. Italian specialties and imported cold cuts and cheese. Italian wines- a terrific wine list. We are a group of Cambodian who had been working in Thailand for more than 10 years. We were working in an Italian restaurant called Invito, one most well-known in the area. We were working in different positions in the hospitality. We were waiters, bartender, chef and so on... With direct on the job training many foreign chefs we later on started our own first Italian, Thai and Khmer food restaurant in Koh Chang, Thailand called Invito Alcibo. Since we are all khmer nationality so now we're back to Sihanouk ville, Csmbodia to offering you one of the most healthy food dinning restaurant in town. Thank you for supporting us!!! We look forward to see you again.
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have eaten here a few times and it is run pretty well by the Italian owner. The menu has local,western,Italian and BBQ food. The ribeye steak is my favourite there and the only room for improvement would be the toilets which would of made it a 5

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Been here loads of times since arriving. Plenty of other similar menus on the beach, but this has the balance just right. Great pork ribs, and winning seafood. Guys working are all great and bring your food at the same time. The other day as we left the proprietor poured shots for all of us, on the house, after we had hardly chatted. Just nice people.

1  Thank JackLukeMitchell
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Good itale food and good atmosphere
, staff is friendly and speak good english
Will go again nice to eat on the beach

Reviewed 2 July 2014

If it happens you go to Sihanoukville for a meal this place is a must. Unbelievable "porchetta" as good as the one in Ariccia and meat and sausages from Tuscany you can't stop eating. A little paradise for foodies.

Reviewed 30 June 2014 via mobile

When eating on the road, I normally subscribe to Ambrose's sage advice, "when in Rome do as the Romans do." In Cambodia in general this means running Amok--fish amok, chicken amok, etc. In Sihanoukville it means seafood barbecued over an open fire on the beach, addictive stuff.

But after months of Asian fare, I thought I would modify my approach just once, to "when in Cambodia do as the Romans do." Well, Tuscans, anyway, since Ezio, the proprietor of the Martini Beach Bar, is Tuscan.

Had the penne boscaiola and good heavens, was it good! Ezio is laid back but he seems quite passionate about Italian food cooked properly, and that requires, of course, the right ingredients, no mean trick on a small promontory on the Gulf of Thailand: you don't just swing by the local salameria for your meats. And how he manages to get fresh Mozzarella is beyond me. The penne was so good I went back the next day to try the pizza 4 stagioni, which was excellent--crispy crust and wonderful topping. A friend had spaghetti con frutti de mar, which she said was excellent. A Cambodian friend advised me that Martini's Khmer food is slso quite good. And, being on the beach, yes they will BBQ the local seafood. Decent red wine by the glass. Dinner for two with wine and an after-dinner Montenegro will cost you under $20. The spectacular view of the sunset over the gulf is gratis. There are dozens of beach bars hereabouts, but Martini's is really special. I wish Ezio much success, particularly since Martini's will be my first stop the next time I wash ashore here!