“OK”

Price range: US$4 - US$60
Cuisines: Barbecue, Steakhouse
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Flame Parrilla Steakhouse, Sihanouk Ville, Cambodia! Flame is a cozy, family orientated, restaurant. We pride ourselves in delivering the finest food in Sihanouk Ville, created from the ground up and using only the freshest all natural ingredients. Everything we do here at Flame is exceptional from the service, food and ambiance. What set's Flame apart from all other competition? Well, our Parrilla fire pit for one! Flame cooks all meats using a variety of different fired apparatus. We've got our Argentinian Asado BBQ, 2 beautiful Clay Ovens (one for bread & one for meat), a spit roast range and a Maori Hangi that originates from New Zealand. To top them all off, we also are Cambodia's only full Cast Iron Pot Fondue restaurant, serving every kind of fondue available! What's more, Flame is South East Asia's only exotic meats restaurant with fresh meat ranging from Zebra & Wildebeest to Elk & Bison, sauced from worldwide suppliers who guarantee their livestock's welfare, then air freighted fresh to us here in Sihanouk Ville. Our exceptional fully stocked bar caters for every taste from fresh berry shakes to the finest champagnes, Cognacs and Whiskeys. There's also a range of fired cocktails that are unique to Flame and designed to visually impress as well as taste awesome! In short, Flame is Sihanouk Ville's primary eatery where customers are assured of refined dining in a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere. We hope to welcome you to our restaurant soon!
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Upon arrival I was shown a table, explained the menu. It was very hot In there so I asked for a fan which was sitting in front of me but not on. They pointed at me and turned it which was a relief otherwise I would have had to leave as It was really hot all the waiters were very sweaty. Drinks came swiftly and staff were running around confused even though It was not that busy. I asked If I could order food, apparently there were only 2 pads to take orders from and I had to wait a minute. I asked again as I was quite hungry. It took 15mins for a guy with a pad to appear for the simplest of orders. Staff were running around all over the place it was an uneasy feeling whilst dining especially when you are paying good money. Not to mention one member of staff getting shouted because she didn't understand what had been ordered in front of the customers. The food was ok but the atmosphere had already killed it for me, I could not wait to get out of there. I

1  Thank kkltd
UndaCovaElefant, Owner at Flame Parrilla Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear valued customer,

I was very sorry to hear about your experiences at Flame. The service given to you by our staff does seem to be unacceptable as our company policy is to administer the absolute best in service attention, not to mention consistency in food quality. In this case we seem to have fallen short of the mark which is most unusual.

The heat issue has been an issue commented upon by various customers. Flame restaurant certainly listens to their customers opinions and acts upon improvements accordingly. In this case, we have spent the last 2 months upgrading the restaurant ventilation and also installing a fully professional, stainless steel, show kitchen. We hope to have resolved the heat issue.

As the owner, may I offer you an apology for the lack of attention shown to you by my staff and also for the ambient heat. If you read the overwhelming majority of reviews for Flame, you'll appreciate that your experience was most unfortunate. I do hope that you will return to us sometime in the future to reappraise us. If not, we at Flame wish you well.

Regards,

Leo.

Reviewed 21 March 2012

I have no complaints about the service at this restaurant. However, the food was not as expected and it was way overpriced for the portion sizes received particularly the Luc Lak beef.

Allthough we were looking forward to having a good meal at this restaurant since it was highly recommended by a manager from one of the better hotels, we were very disappointed in the price and quality of the food we received.

When we initially questioned our waiter about the menu indicated cheddar cheese on the pizza, he assured us that mozzeralla cheese. the standard pizza cheese, would be used. Not so!. When our Margarita pizza arrived, not only did it come with cheddar cheese, but it was also missing the advertised tomatoes which is also a standard item on a Margarita pizza. Reason for the lack of tomatoes as stated by the waiter was that the regular pizza maker was in Phnom Penh. Apparently no one else at FLAME knows how to make a pizza in his absence. Disappointing to say the least. Waiter took it back and added some tomatoes to the top but it was still lacking the taste that was expected. At this point, our pizza was dried out since it was refired in the oven with the added tomato slices. End result was a flat cheese breadstick, NOT A PIZZA!

Luc Lak beef was our other menu choice, While the beef on this dinner choice was very flavorful, the amount of meat on this $9.75 a la carte menu choice could have easily fit on a SINGLE heaping tablespoon. When this arrived, my wife wondered where the rest of her meal was. However, that was it. What you see was what you got. The weight of the meat on this dish was somewhere between 25 - 50 grams maximum NOT the 125 grams indicated by the manager in a later discussion....so WHERE'S THE BEEF??

I paid our $26 bill and informed the manager of our dissatisfaction with our meal as we were leaving the restaurant. He made somewhat of an apology and provided my spouse with a nominal $3.25 refund. I re-entered the restaurant and gave this trivial amount to our waiter since he could make better use of the insulting refund provided by the manager.

PLEASE NOTE: I do not mind paying for a good meal....However, my expectations are for good taste and reasonably sized portions. ...Not what we got at FLAME which amounted to enough meat to fill half a taco and a flat chees breadstick.

BOTTOM LINE....SPEND YOUR MONEY ELSEWHERE!! We had many other reasonably priced meals at other restaurants during our 11 day stay here. Unfortunately, we had one of our dinners here...A WASTED MEAL WITH NO DO-OVERS!!

1  Thank bobrush12866
UndaCovaElefant, Owner at Flame Parrilla Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am the owner of Flame. After reading your review I felt it necessary to immediately inquire about the situation.

Unfortunately and as you were informed, the Pizza chef was away on some urgent business in Phnom Penh. Unfortunately, he was accompanying the head chef at the time, which obviously compounded the situation. The absence of the head chef was perhaps the more regrettable as I am certain that your visit to flame would have been perfectly satisfactory had he been present.

As it was, my staff did their utmost best to handle a situation that was placed on them with little to no prior warning, such was the urgency of the trip to Phnom Penh.

As you clearly state in your complaint, the Pizza Menu does read that all Pizza's were to be served complete with a tomato & Cheddar topping. Therefore, the question must be asked... Why did you ask if it came with Mozzarella? Especially seeing as you are traveling a country that does not have English as it's first or second languages, the question sounds a bizarre one.

In my opinion, a misunderstanding was on the cards as soon as you questioned the obvious, that which is clearly written on our menu. Our Khmer staff, you must understand, are learning a new language and a new trade. It is extremely difficult for them to understand fluent English.
Had it not been for your original question, I truly believe that your experience with Flame Pizzas would have been totally satisfactory instead of overcooked due to being returned to the oven (as I have now learned from my staff) at your request.

As for your complaint regarding the size of your beef serving for your Starter portion, well as the owner of the company and as a Head Chef myself I assure you that the weight of the meat portion was 125 grams, exactly half of the Main Course steak weight. Sir, if you wished to have a larger portion of meat for dinner, perhaps choosing a main course would have been advisable, especially as the portion weights are actually specified on our menus. Again, a startling lack of observation perhaps...

Sir, if your complaint was found to be justified, I would obviously have done what is right and professional by offering you a full apology.

Although I find it unfortunate that your experience was not a good one at Flame, I also feel that that your vehement complaint is over zealous and certainly unjustified.

I hope your Cambodian trip continues without further frustrations and hope also that this reply finds you in good health.

Wishing you all the best,

Leo. Owner & Company Director.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

If u go here u really won't be disappointed really good service and superb food well worth the money !!!

Thanks for taking the time to write us such a fantastic review! We really appreciate it at Flame! Hope to see you again someday.

Leo. Owner and Director.

Reviewed 2 March 2012

This place was amazing , it was a really hot when we got there , the waiter seated us & brought the fan over , we ordered the imported Australian steak and it said on the menu it came with chips & salad , as we were sat waiting for our meal , our waiter came across with 2 fresh breads in a hot terracotta pot complimentary & they were amazing !! So yummy !!

When our food arrived they brought us an amuse Bouche each !! Which was a lovely touch !! The top end restaurants at home don't even pull these out the bag !! Only thing I would say was maybe a small sugar free homemade fruit sorbet would have been a nice idea for the amuse Bouche ,

Our steak was cooked too perfection I had a peppercorn sauce with mine again was amazing !! The chips were good I think cooked twice which is the best way too cook them and the salad was served as a side with homemade salsa !! 1 of the best meals I have ever had !!

I know when your backpacking you don't want too spend money on food you want cheap and easy but if you do go anywhere and spend a little more definitely defiantly go here !!

10 out of 10 for service & food !!
We will defiantly be coming back !!

WOW! Thanks so much for taking the time to write us an awesome review! We really appreciate it! Many Thanks!!!!

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Good food, good placemant, good interior and idia.
Both for tet-a-tet meeting (espashialy upstairs) and famaly dinning.

Thanks for the thumbs up! We really appreciate it here at Flame!