“Recommended hotel. Great value!”

Grand Sihanoukville Hotel
Ranked #20 of 74 Hotels in Sihanoukville
Trondheim, Norway
“Recommended hotel. Great value!”
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

Great hotel situated a short walk from the beach, with short distance to a variety of restaurant.
The hotel and it's staff provided all the needed services for a pleasant stay, including clean rooms and an enjoyable breakfast(included).
The swimming pool area is my personal favorite facility with its calm surroundings, and a perfect place for a drink during the day:)
Thank you, GSVH!

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Wigzen,

We really appreciate your review and feedback, and like that you enjoyed your stay here.

We hope that your travels goes well, and that we get the chance to welcome you back anytime soon!

Rasmus, Owner/General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Loved the pool at this hotel, but found it to be pricey for the small rooms which are outdated. Whilst its a short walk to the actual beach, walking to the main shopping strips on Serendipity takes about 15 minutes... At night, this end of the beach is very quiet and we didnt feel safe walking so expect to take a tuk tuk.

If you're looking for a quiet, beautiful beach try Otres, or if you want the hustle and bustle of Serendipity, stay closer to the action!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear 1takemesomwhere_,

Thank you for your review of the hotel! It really helps us to improve our product and get our service to where we want it to be.

There are different views on the location. Some of our guests love that it is a nice and quiet area not to close to the bars, where as some would prefer to stay closer to the tourist area. I am glad we are different =)
As far as location goes, I can not do anything with that, but you are also mentioning the rooms which I in some degree agree with you. As one of the owners, we are in motion to update the rooms and increase the value.

I sincerely hope that we get the chance to welcome you back with a new and improved product!

Rasmus, General Manager/Owner
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Our family had 5 nights here and really liked it. Big spacious family room, loved the pool, friendly and super helpful new management. Was in quiet part of town but only 10 mins walk or $2 tuk tuk to all restaurants etc. Otres beaches best by far rather than the local one. Would have given 5 stars but still has a few things to develop which the owners are already onto such as staff language skills and the breakfast food, would be good to have choice of cereal. However overall a great hotel, did I mention the great pool........

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Dear deardougal,

Thank you for your review!

I hope you and your family have pleasant travels the next few weeks and that we have the opportunity to welcome you back next season with a new and improved product!

Frankfurt
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as riots in Phnom Penh were increasing recently and I was starting to feel uncomfortable in the capital. January is of course a busy month concerning tourism and only a couple of hotels still offered some rooms during the time I wanted to come to Sihanoukville. The Grand Sihanoukville Hotel - strange enough- still had plenty of rooms on offer and I -foolish and naive as I am- relied again on the opinion of others (well, I'm not sure if these 'opinions' came for free for this lousy hotel). Anyway, this is probably the most disgusting and worst hotel I ever stayed at: Rooms are tiny, not very clean and have as much comfort as a jail in Brazil. A shower is non existent, only a sad, tiny hose hanging from the wall. The toilet doesn't have a proper seat, probably because someone stole it, the TV is tinny and WIFI barely works. So far, so good but the "best" I have ever seen is the service these guys are offering. Actually I can' t complain about the service since there is none. And don't you dare to bring some friends from outside to this "Grande" hotel. You will wonder: ACCESS STRICTLY PROHIHITED. Enough said. Summary: Agony. Avoid under all circumstances. Every hotel, guest house or even dormitory is better than this rat hole !!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dr_Bangkok
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear Dr_Bangkok,

I would like to thank you for your opinion of the hotel.
Although we are a but surprised over the things you mention as being our weaknesses, as many of our guests are happy with the very same things.

Regarding not being able to take any "friends" in to the hotel we do have a strict policy against taking bar ladies to the hotel, which also is supported by the Cambodian law. At our hotel this kind of behavior will never be accepted. I am sorry this was not informed to you earlier.

I wish you a pleasant day and you are welcome back at any time as long as our policy is followed.

Rasmus, Owner/General Manager

Travellers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels

Surat Thani Province, Thailand
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for nearly a week in November. The room was nice but is a bit outdated. The owner is very friendly, although the rest of the staff is not so friendly when the owners not there. That's a shame! Clean pool and a short walk to the beach (4-5 minutes).

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear kamilla_stockholm,

I would like to thank you for your review, it do help us to improve our product.

Regarding the staff not being friendly when we are not around we take very seriously and have taken this to us internally.

I hope your travels is good and that we get the chance to welcome you back soon, with a new and improved product.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Very nice hotel. When we first arrived we had a few problems with the room that we were put in. Looked like they were working on the room as the tv was missing (wires hanging out of the wall), light fixtures were missing and we couldn't get any internet. We talked to the front desk manage, who did not seem to be very helpful. But once the owner arrived (New owners that have recently just taken over the hotel), they were extremely apologetic and immediately moved us to another room (and upgraded our room). The next morning they made a point of coming over and talking to us at breakfast and making sure everything was ok, and again apologized for the error.
I am sure with the new owners, the Grand Sihanoukville will continue to improve...we look forward to going back!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GrandShvHotel, Owner at Grand Sihanoukville Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Shawn C,

Thank you for your review!

It was a bit of a situation when you checked in, so I am glad everything worked out fine in the end.

As you mention we have some plans, and we would love to welcome you in a few months with a new and improved product.

Wish you the best, and good luck on your own mission here in Cambodia =)

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Grand Sihanoukville hotel is a great spot just off the main strip of downtown bars, and only 5 minutes from the beach. The rooms were very comfortable and clean and have cleaners everyday if wanted. The pool is very relaxing and is only steps away from your doorstep. I loved it! I would highly recommend staying here if you are looking for more of a quite stop on your travels. The staff is very friendly and helpful in terms of looking for things around town or helping book taxi's or trips around the area. I will be stay there for sure if I get a chance to make it back!

Room Tip: I stayed on the bottom floor and loved being able to walk out of my room and right into the pool!