“Got stuck here: Cheap and so Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hacienda

Hacienda
Sydney, Australia
“Got stuck here: Cheap and so Friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2014

The staff here are awesome. The rooms cheap, beds comfy and bar constantly stocked. The only downer was the internet. No wifi and only one crappy laptop next to reception. They say it was because they want people to be social but it made it very hard to leave since you couldn't research where to go next! The place is quite a way from the beach and you'll have to get a yuk yuk every time you go to Otres or Shianoukville since none of the bicycles work! But I literally had THE BEST time here. I was there for Christmas 2013 and everyone there made the place like one big family. The best thing about this place is the FREE dorm. If you are a long term stayer you can literally sleep in a dorm free - they just make money off you from the bar and restaurant. The private rooms are gorgeous and super clean and the common area comfy and social. Eddie the owner is a legend :). TIP: If in the dorm don't leave valuable out as they might go missing (I had $50 stolen by a room mate while in the shower).

Room Tip: Free dorm for long term stayers. Private bungalows are super clean and nice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

awesome atmosphere, awesome staff and awesome location. Close to the nice, clean Otres beach. Welcoming staff and atmosphere. Everyone there seemed to be having a great time and was really friendly. I would definitely recommend it to young travellers and couples looking for fun and bit of partying but still a relaxing time.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

This is a wee gem of a place! Some friends who we we traveling with for a short time mentioned they were moving on to this place with a free dorm and we wondered what the catch was - there isn't one.
We arrived being unsure of what to expect and within minutes we were all chilling at the bar in big comfy sets, enjoying some good music smiling at each other saying " I like it here, I like it a lot! "
We ordered some food which was awesome! Even my 14 year old son who can be very fussy loved the food here, their chef is brilliant!
All in all I would highly recommend this place!

Jeju, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

What an amazing place Eddie, Karina and staff have developed. As I am sure you have garnered from other reviews, people love it here and I am no different.

Our trip started out with a slight bump as one of our reserved rooms wasn't available but we rolled with it. I will say, having the same experience happen at our first destination, it was wonderful to have Eddie take a moment to explain the issue and be apologetic. Damn if that didn't go a LONG way.

I honestly don't even know where to start with my review. Maybe the best part...The Staff!! Started with Sammy and just kept getting better. We spent so much of our time at Hacienda relaxing, talking, drinking, eating and dancing in the bar area. Such a great spot to relax and meet people.

The food was amazing, the western and Khmer alike. The Lok lak was the tastiest I had all in Cambodia. and the mashed potatoes...um yeah!!

The location was a small, dusty walk away from Otres 2, a stretch of beach that I found to be highly enjoyable. It is very quiet with no restaurants/peddlers/bars, etc. Plenty of trees line the beach to provide shade. Otres 1 is just a walk down the beach and has plenty of restaurants/peddlers/bars, etc. On Saturday nights there is a market just across the way and it was quite an experience. Loud, live music, full of foreigners and western food. It was great.

The two rooms we stayed in were very clean and comfortable. I preferred the room with the bathroom that was on the "back" of the property, on the water. It was far enough from the bar that a good nights rest was easily obtained.

Thank you so very much for having my friends and I. I would love to come back some day! I absolutely recommend staying here (and have already done so with several friends who are planning trips)!

*With the free dorm stay, this is a "backpackers" paradise . They tended to be a loud, friendly and awesome crowd full of laughs and stories. If you are looking for a more reserved, quiet stay, this isn't the place.

Room Tip: If you can spare the extra monies, get a room with en-suite and towards the back of the property (aw...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

As with most visitors to Hacienda I ended up staying a lot longer than planned. Nearly 4 weeks!!! I stayed over Xmas and new year and loved every minute of it. Definitely one of the best bars in the Otres area great music, great food and atmosphere, super cool staff and owners.
Be prepared to be charmed by Karina, Eddie, Sam Sarah Paige and Ruth and hang around for Otres Market every Sat.Although hacienda is not on the beach it's only a short walk to either Otres 1 or 2 . I stayed initially in a bungalow which was lovely then moved to the free dorm, yes you heard it right free dorm which is affectionately known as the Favella :) in short Hacienda is a special place and I will definitely go back. the clue is in the name ;)

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
nowhere
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013 via mobile

A great place to stay a little out of the town's but a nice walk down the beach to either otres 1 or otres 2. The bungalows are really nice and they have a free dorm what more can you ask fir great bar and a good community vibe

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2013

As most people who stay at Hacienda, I ended up staying much longer than I planned to, altogether 10 days. The food is really good and the drinks are strong. Some days I never left the bar! The staff, the people, and the animals hanging out at Hacienda are very friendly, and it's impossible not to make new friends. Loved this place!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo