“A booking like no booking hotel”

White Beach Bungalows
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Never got such a bad experience with booking hotel before.
As a high season and Chinese New Year time.
I have booked this bungalow one week before, and the receptionist said that no room when I come. I have never seen the hotel which act like that.
The reason is conflict with Agoda. don no wether booking fore what?

Pay attention with this bungalow.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 1 February 2014

We stayed at White Beach Bungalows for 4 nights in January. We stayed in one of the upstairs fan bungalows. We had a reservation to stay somewhere else, but our room was given away. We were grateful to find a room at White Beach. It was an ok place to crash for a few days.

The bungalows are very basic. The bed had a a good mosquito net and was comfortable. The wifi worked reasonably well. Our room was cleaned everyday, and the staff were very accommodating. Breakfast was not included and was a little pricey. The food overall was disappointing--too expensive and not that interesting.

Sound carries from one bungalow to the next. You can hear the quietest conversation from your neighbors. This alone would prevent my returning.

It's across the road from the beach. Not the worst location in the world, but if you are going to Otres, don't you want to be on the beach?

Overall, White Beach Bungalows was okay, but I wouldn't return. The staff are friendly and will do what they can to make your stay enjoyable, but the super thin walls and location across the road from the beach make it less than ideal.

Room Tip: AC rooms are quieter and you can't hear your neighbors' conversations
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 January 2014 via mobile

Ideal place for a relaxing break on the beach. Located in Otres 2, this area is away from the party scene of the other beaches, but still has enough bars and restaurants to keep you entertained.
The huts are feet away from the water, clean although sandy, come with towels and mosquito net and a strong fan to keep you cool if not cold at night! The food here is great and there is a wide variety of options.
The only thing letting this resort down is the staff. They are not enthusiastic, friendly or welcoming. Compared to the other resorts where the staff are keen to speak to you, the staff here barely say two words and don't even recognise that you've spoken to them. Very disappointing but would not stop me returning.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 22 November 2013

Just stayed 1 week in a fan room ($20) while a little pricey the room was charming and it was definitely worth it.. The local owners are new to the industry (hence maybe the mistakes on the amenities!) but are genuinely friendly and trying their best..It was a pleasure staying there and they are keen to listen to your suggestions...If your looking for a quiet, friendly retreat on the most beautiful beach in Sihanoukville (away from the crowds) stay here!!! I'll be back for sure ;-)

Room Tip: Have a talk to owner about a room discount... If you have a smile while asking i'm sure they wil...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank cashewnut19
Kong C, Owner at White Beach Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Hello, how are you?
Did you arrive Siemreap? And how about your busseniss is going well?
Thank you for come to stay here.. And I hope I will meet you again and again.
I am sure that You will get the speciall price .

So,I wish you good luck all the time and your busseniss is very well growing .
I wished I could see you soon.

Thank you!
Chanratha Kong

Reviewed 23 August 2013

My friends and I booked this accommodation on the basis of amenities advertised on Tripadvisor and the Sihnoukville Visitors's Guide including air conditioning, a pool, breakfast included etc.
The accommodation was extremely basic, there was no pool or air conditioning and the water coming out of the taps was dark brown! Perhaps one of the most disappointing aspects was that despite the fact we were paying a premium price of $35 a night, which was outrageous given the reality of the accommodation, the breakfast did not even include a drink - we had to pay! This is extremely poor value for money, falsely advertised and this experience unfortunately detracted from the beauty of Otres Beach.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My friends and I paid considerably more to stay at White Beach Bungalows based on information listed both here on the TripAdvisor website and the Sihanouk Ville Visitors Guide. Note that there is no fitness centre or swimming pool as listed on TripAdvisor and definitely NO air conditioning, DVD or even hot water as clearly stated in a number of locally printed Visitor Guide books.

On the positive, it is in a lovely secluded location - right across from the beach and the rooms were impeccably clean with comfortable, firm beds. If you can sleep without air conditioning, go for it but I still believe it is extremely poor value for $35 a night.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights.
On the morning of the third day, my friend woke me up and said "We got robbed". I look at the side table and the floor, i realised nothing is there. It took me awhile to process that in my head. I can't believe that all my valuables are in the bag and the bag is gone. We woke up the person in charged and caused a scene. Luckily, we found our passports and some ID cards in the bag that was left at some dirt behind the place. After some hassle dealing with the police officer which is pretty much pathetic and useless, we decided to leave that place as soon as possible. We were advised by the police officers to stay a few days more to "process" the police report and we couldn't wait that long because we have a flight to catch the next day. So, we requested the person in charged to make a police report in our behalf and email to us but we never received that email.

Room Tip: Avoid the sea view room if you're planning to not get robbed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Annonymous L
Kong C, Manager at White Beach Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2013

I was very happy that you come to stayed in my place, also feel sorry about bad thing that happen during your last day.

To be honest ,I try to contact the police in order to make a report . I called them many time a day,but they just told me to wait .beacause it may take long time to do this work. Anyway I can not do anything beside waiting. Until now cambodia have a national election , also it still not steady in political side. And I still not receive their respond yet!.

Sorry about that problem ,I also try to guard and protect my customer veluable thing ,same as to my place also ,but mistake still happen during the rain was serously fall down and the short time of my security carelessness. In the end I have no other word ,I just want to tell that I will try all my best To avoid the problem and we are sure that there no problem like this anymore .

Thank you for you come to stay here!