After having been to Sihanoukville several times and always ignored Otres beach I now made the effort to investigate what other members of Trip Advisor had to say about this beach and the Boutique Hotel Tamu.
- what we found was sheer bliss on the very far end of Otres beach and named '' Tamu Hotel ''.
Whilst checking in we were greeted by a very charming French Lady and handed a welcome drink and asked to pay up-front. For unbeknown reasons my wife's Chinese credit card was rejected so I paid in cash.
- the superior ground floor room was spacy, clean and sufficiently appointed.
Their beach side open Restaurant airy and blessed with ocean breezes. The included breakfast was laid out with a fast array of all what one could wish to have in the morning and if that was not enough for some guests they could order a la carte such as eggs scrambled or in any other way with bacon, tomatoes and/or other dishes listed on the breakfast menu.
At lunch and/or dinner we liked their grilled Barracuda very much but had other dishes as well.
- and also no problem with the Hotels speedy room delivery as well.
Beach is spotlessly clean and ample chairs and other lay-down amenities are provided for reading or just to chill out and take the scene in.
A special mention deserve its smiling and attentive staff always more than willing to appease the clientele of this splendid abode.
I also had the opportunity to speak to the Hotels charming French (Paris) owners at great length and hear their story how it all came about
Last but not least I must mention that on our last night the Lady of this establishment ask me if we would like to have dinner on a specially set table on the beach. As a special treat she arranged with the Chef to have Pork rips, mash potatoes and vegetables prepared for 7pm.
- when we arrived the table was set with candles, tropical flower blooms and also proper table cloth napkins were laid out!
(there is also a 17 meter long in-ground swimming pool on this property)
In concluding I can truly recommend this establishment to the discerning traveler, honeymooning couples and/or anyone who wants peace and quite at a pristine beach setting away from all the noise of Sihanoukville's other beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tamu hotel was inspired to be a chic haven with style and sophistication to enjoy the end of Otres Beach redefining the "barefoot chic" spirit. We offer our guests an affordable luxury and a charming retreat on one of the most beautiful beaches of Cambodia. Unwind, discover and enjoy valued leisure time. Escape to paradise islands just off the coast. Amaze your friends and family with your khmer cooking by joining traditional cuisine classes in Sihanoukville (downtown). Start your day peacefully with yoga along the beach with our yoga instructor and much more In our Beach restaurant: For non-resident hotel guests, please be informed that our sunbeds are reserved for our hotel resident guests during high season. Thank you for your understanding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tamu Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.