“A little out of the way but clean & oh so quiet”

and 1 more site!
The Moonflower Bungalows
Ranked #44 of 241 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for a few nights on different occasions during April.

If you're wanting to be amongst all the party action, this is probably not the best location as it's a 5 - 10 minutes bicycle ride to Otres Beach & 10 minutes by tuk tuk to Serendipity beach.

I liked it as it was clean, relatively new & was really quiet. Surrounded by farmland with a fantastic restaurant - carpe diem next door...perfect if you're keen on the rest!

The food is ok at Moonflower however a little pricey (by $1-$3) by Cambodian standards.

Paul the host is a nice man who speaks pretty good English. Always happy to assist with anything you need, however he can be hard to find from time to time :)

My only complaint would be the driver he orders when you want a tuk tuk anywhere. He speaks no English & doesn't know what tourists like to see - furthermore was expensive. It is good to support the locals I guess but if you're on a budget best to shop around.

Paul will offer you a bicycle for free to get to the beach, bars & cafés at Otres.

I would return there for the peace & ease of it all.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
9  Thank Dec_Huggers

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

The stay here was perfect. Service was great. The guy at the front desk was fantastic. Food was really good too. It's a bit of a walk to the beach but its good for security. The day tours they organized for us were both lots of fun.

• Stayed: April 2014
5  Thank Raveio
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is very nice place and the staff very friendly and very help full I hired a scooter for $5 day went all over in a good place the only problem was the food not very good but just go a long to end of road and places there and wear good

Room Tip: No swimming pool but he said next year there will be one there
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank adventure055
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed here four nights. It's located midway between the Otres 1 and Otres 2 beaches. It's quiet and about a 7 minute walk to the beach. The hotel will arrange for a tuk-tuk to the city for $6 if you want, but we ended up having them arrange a motorbike (moped) rental which was a lot more convenient and much cheaper ($6 a day plus gas). It was a comfortable place to stay. We had a room with a fan and no air conditioning, but we were comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. Breakfast wasn't anything to write home about. There is a small grocery at the entrance with fruit and staples....meals and drinks are a shirt walk away at both Otres 1 & 2. There is also a Thai restaurant across the road, but we didn't try it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Kate Y
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Moonflower is between Otres Beach 1 and Otres Beach II. it has close proximity to the Saturday night night market but is a $1.50 - $2.00 Tuk ride to Otres I which has the majority of the restaurants and pool tables. It's normally a $5 ride to Sihanoukville; occasionally you can negotiate a $4 ride.
The staff here is great; very friendly and smiling. The rooms are good; the mattress was one of the more comfortable I have found in my travels; the hot water is wonderful. The fan does an adequate job on cooling the room in the early morning and at night. During the day, a breeze can be had by opening the window and door but as there are no screens on the windows, a host of flys take
advantage.

3  Thank buck2232
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I want to give this bungalow a 3.5 as I don't think it deserves a 4. I think the others who have scored them 5 is overly generous. Yes the room is very clean, good AC and fan but it is simply too far from the beach and the restaurants down in Otres 1 and 2. I rented a scooter for the whole time and it was a little scary at night as it's pitch dark coming back. It also isn't a place for meeting people since no one hangs around the reception where the food is served. The guy who works there tried his best to help me but his English is limited and he nearly booked me on the wrong ferry to Koh Rong Samloem as he didn't understand where I was going. If you want comfort you will find it here but you must be willing to walk and in the dark or pay for tuk tuk.

3  Thank scldn2hk
Reviewed 26 February 2014

The only negative I could possibly come up with is that it's a 5-7 minute walk to the beach...woop-ti-doo! no big deal!
The staff here is so charming, friendly and joking, and helpful in all ways possible! I found the food to be a little higher (Moonflower is quite removed from town), so I had my own Muesli and yoghurt in the mornings-- for which they most readily supplied the hot water, bowl, plate, and spoon. I used their moto-driver to go into town for the Vietnamese visa, going to Market, grocery shopping, massage, and evening meals. He is a sweet young man, learning to be more confident is negotiating his fees.
The room was cleaned daily -- if one asked for it when turning in the key--with fresh towels, complimentary water, and toiletries.
The staff was totally dependable and helpful in arranging island tours as well as travel necessities. If I had known and trusted the process, I would have GLADLY let them take care of 'guiding' the processing of my Vietnamese Visa-- it would've beat my having to make two trips into town..... however, this did also give me occasion to get shopping done.
I LOVED staying at Moonflower! I had extended my time there from 2 to 6 nights, and then had to leave due to expiring visa.
I absolutely, no holes barred, strongly and highly recommend Moonflower Bungalows and Hotel!

Room Tip: Rooms are a less expensive option to Bungalows.
6  Thank LightSplash