We stayed 2 nights at Sokha in July and it was okay. I think it's rated as a 5-star hotel but I would give it 3-stars. My biggest turn off was that when I walked into our room, it had a musty smell and the comforter on the bed was damp. I think it's because they had the AC turned off. Otherwise, the room was clean. The second night was better after they changed the sheets and comforter. It's a nice property and the service was good. The beach and pool is clean. There was a great selection at breakfast...but there was quite a bit of flies around the fruit. The Lemongrass Restaurant is over-priced. I mainly picked the hotel for the private beach and it was nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville