After staying in a lovely hotel in Siem Reap (Shinta Mani Club), i was not happy to end my Cambodia vacation staying at Sokha Beach Resort. The only saving grace of this resort is it's the fact that it has it's own private beach and it seems to be the best beach in the area. The resort is huge and considering we visited off peak, the service is close to terrible, with staff not looking happy to be of service, even making faces or almost refusing to grant the simplest requests (like not to put oil in my omelette - the cook in the egg station literally rolled his eyes when I asked him not to put oil in the pan). The thing that destroyed it for me are the cockroaches in the room -- I rented the Executive Suite (2 bedrooms and a living room) -- and I had 2 cockroach incidents. I absolutely hate them and could hardly sleep well those 4 nights we were there. My friends were in the lakeview deluxe rooms, and also had cockroach problems. I know it's the rainy season and probably the time for these pests to be around, but I am from the Philippines where cockroaches are plenty. But if you clean well, there won't be cockroaches. I complained about this within minutes from checking in bec I had the first incident as soon as we entered the room. But 2 days after, it happened again. The musty smell alone of the rooms already gave me the feeling that there were pests in the rooms. I heard the resort is only 10 years old. I thought it was built in the 80s the way it looked. I have to say I was not happy staying here. Even the main breakfast area was soooo musty that we opted to eat outdoors than in the airconditioned dining area. It felt like there were pests there too!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sokha Beach Resort is set amidst 23.5 hectares of beautifully landscaped beachfront and garden with its own 1.5 kilometer pristine white sandy beach. Voted amongst the Best New Hotels in the World in Condé Nast Traveler Magazine's Ninth Annual Hot List 2005, this resort is certainly a top choice when vacationing in South East Asia. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Sokha Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sokha Beach Hotel Sihanoukville
- Sokha Beach Sihanoukville