The New Coasters
Don Bosco Hotel School(Sihanoukville)
US$26
Tamu Hotel(Sihanoukville)
US$93
US$88
  • Breakfast included
Legacy Hotel & Resort(Sihanoukville)
US$79
US$67
The Tamarind(Sihanoukville)
US$27
US$23
Agoda.com
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 January 2013

Nice location is infont of the Serendipity Beach so you can relax at the beach any but so update with the room not nice, towel smell so bad and look so old room.

Restaurant good, owner and staff friendly

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kanhavy
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I stayed at Coasters in 2007 and again in 2010. Although a little rustic I found the place quite good. My bed was clean, to me that was all that mattered.I did not experience any bedbugs as some have mentioned. The food from the kitchen was the best on the beach. I moved around and found their kitchen prepared the best. I found the staff very friendly and felt safe leaving my things in their safe. They help book tickets to things in the area as well and bus tickets out when you leave. To me that is a big plus. Sure the bathroom needed a little love ( I did pass that on when asked by the expat who runs the place) but to be able to walk out of my hotel and sit on the beach made it worth it. I had no problems with bugs or lizards. I stayed in both the rooms and the bungalows. I saw a few lizards in the bungalows but they didn't bother us. In many rooms all over Cambodia I experienced this. The manager is quite strict on people coming over and begging from you. If I decide to hit Cambodia again I will stay there. The beach is changing as there are many business popping up. I saw a huge difference from 07 to 10. Go visit while you can before mass tourism takes over. As for the price, you can find cheaper. However I felt safe, the staff was quite friendly and you can't beat the location.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2012

First and fore most it is imperative to mention that the day we left this hotel (to go to a neighbouring) island, my sister left her travellers wallet in the room. Passport, travel documents, money EVERYTHING was in there. Thanx to the swiftness of the staff and their conscious effort to look , we was able to collect the wallet when we arrived back at the mainland. PRICELESS!!!!
With regard to the actual room, yes it was very basic and a huge cockroach literally chased me out of the bathroom - the water was hot and the balcony marvellous!! Listening to the sea as we slept was worth the extra $5 - 10, compared with the hotels away from the beach front.
The room was clean and the beds fresh. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Sim1Brighton
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I booked to stay at coasters for one night but when i got there i quickly changed this to two nights. The location was amazing sitting at the end of the beach. the rooms are cheap and adequate I paid $25 and had aircon, although there was a mosquito net in the room i did not use it and took a good repellent - no bites at all !! the facilities are adequate in the room nothing fancy but then with a location like this who wants to sit in a room ? The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful giving advice and booking trips tuk tuks, food was great and cheap. They have internet which is also cheap and pretty fast. Plenty of bars shops around for a meander, local boat trips to the island. Nothing is fussy or stressful and I completely relaxed the time i was there. At night you cant sit and wath the fireworks going off along the beach a music softly plays in the back ground. I loved my trip to Sihanoukville and i loved Coasters and will be going back. There are more modern hotels but i will book with these guys again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank julsnewton
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed in one of the cheapest bungalows and was very happy with it. No bed bugs as some past reviews have said. Simple fan room, nothing fancy. We had a few issues with hot water but they were quickly fixed. If you pay for the more expensive rooms I can see how people can getter a better deal around town, but for me this suited just fine. Great location on the quiet side of the beach but also really close to nightlife if you feel like heading out. Food we had at the restaurant was also great. Stayed 2 nights then returned for another night after diving trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple