All reviewsair conlots of bars and restaurantspool areafamily roomgreat poolstayed longerother placescambodiaminibar
Reviewed 1 July 2013

Reef Resort was a great choice , reccomended by friends , every thing was well organised and the staff were nice , not so good english though . Our room was excellent , with nice furnishings and very clean . Loved the pool , very nice to relax around with nice snacks available and cold beer which is sometimes hard to find in cambodia . A lot of seedy looking characters around the beach , need to watch your belongings .

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We were going to end our holiday in Cambodia with a week on the beach in Sihanoukville, in a word don't! We ended up only staying in the area for two nights and found it to be sort of seedy with a dubious vibe, so packed up and had extra days in PP. The room was ok a little dated, staff were not overly friendly but nice enough. It does have a nice pool but I found the whole place was sort of like a pub which is fine just not what we were after at that point. All in all I would bypass Sihanoukville unless I was going to stay at the Sokha resort which after a look around looked like the best place for a beach holiday.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We were reccommeddenthere by a friend , a great location and nice clean place , our room was clean and well appointed , the staff were really cute , english sometimes hard to understand but so nice to us and always helpful , loved our stay there

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 May 2013

The AC unit in my room 206, was not cooling the room from the start of my stay. The adjacent rooms (205 and 207) were also hot. One of those rooms was occupied by an English couple who had already complained prior to my arrival. They were offered to change to another room (207) which they tried to cool for 30 minutes without success. The staff contacted their HVAC maintenance who arrived a few hours later. I requested another room in the interim of waiting but was told another was not available. I would like to think this reply was true though several other-- albeit more expensive--rooms remained vacant.
The freon charge lasted through the night with a repeat of the schedule the following day of no AC in the heat of the day. Hot room 207 was again offered to me in reply to my request for a temp. cooling room in the midday.
Whereas the staff acted on my complaint both days by making the maintenance call, the problem was repetitive and could have been remedied or compensated. The AC unit in my room was dated 2006. Hopefully new units will be installed soon; my stay was in the hot season. I was glad to check out the following morning.

The AC unit in my room 206 was not cooling the room from the start of my stay. The adjacent rooms (205 and 207) were also hot. One of those rooms was occupied by an English couple who had already complained prior to my arrival. They were offered to change to another room (207) which they tried to cool for 30 minutes without success. The staff contacted their HVAC maintenance who arrived a few hours later. I requested another room in the interim of waiting but was told another was not available. I would like to think this reply was true though several other-- albeit more expensive--rooms remained vacant.
Whereas the staff acted on my complaint both days by making the maintenance call, the problem was repetitive and could have been remedied or compensated. The AC unit in my room was dated 2006. Hopefully new units will be installed soon as relying on freon charges is precarious. My stay was in the hot season. I was glad to check out the following morning.

Room Tip: For a good room, try a different hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Johnnie R
Reviewed 19 May 2013

We spent 4 nights here, however had we not prepaid, we would not have spent that long.
The positives - location, it's very clean, and the pool was a must for us considering it was coming into summer.
The negatives - overpriced, air-con barely functioned in our room, poor service.
We did stay in the only garden view room, and even when my partner was sick and couldn't leave the room all day the air con had barely cooled the room. The mattress was quite uncomfortable, but all the laundry (sheets, pillow cases and towels) was very clean.
Breakfast was included but wasn't a large serving. I ended up having the $ value put towards something else.
As mentioned the pool was a must, but people coming to have an overpriced lunch were allowed to use the pool for hours on end.
Given the price we expected a little more

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple