All reviewsair conlots of bars and restaurantspool areafamily roomgreat poolstayed longerother placescambodiaminibar
Reviewed 20 November 2013

This establishment is very clean, has nice well thought out rooms and a great pool. My experience was colored by the fact that it is near Serendipity Beach which I can describe as nothing other that a hell hole. But if you do want to stay someplace near Serendipity Beach, this would be a good choice. I have only two beefs with the hotel. 1.) it would be nice to have someone on staff to help guests with their luggage - ESPECIALLY if they're staying on the second or third story. 2.) I requested a two hour late checkout (their in-room brochures assure you they are happy to accomodate if they can); however, they charged me a $15 fee (considering the daily rate was $45, that seemed a little ridiculous especially at "low season.")
Anyways, my advice is don't go to Serendipity Beach, but this place is ok to stay if you do.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We were very happy with this hotel/resort. Very good value for the price (we paid approx $40 per night for a standard room)
Pool area is nice, nothing special but good to get out of the heat. Bar area at the front is quite cool, cheap beer and yummy food although a menu limited to meat and americana type food.
Location is brilliant, we barely left the street with all the cool bars around and beach was just a 5-10 minute walk away.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My family vacations regularly in Sihanoukville, this is always our first choice to stay. The owner Tim Balfour meticulously maintains his resort so it's clean, friendly, and comfortable. Their included breakfast is great (try the French toast), it has a sunny and pleasant pool area, nicest possible staff, great Value, this hotel has it all.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Mike__R0ss
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Brilliant breakfast, free pool table, nice pool, free snacks at the bar when you buy drinks. Not too far from beach about a 5min walk. Was nice and quiet but next door has a more livelier atmosphere so best of both worlds

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gemma T
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I have stayed here for one week and I've decided to extend my stay by another week. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are a very good size with a safe, TV, DVD player, fridge (including minibar!) and kettle in each room. I am very happy with everything about the hotel. The pool is very clean and well kept and there are about eight lounge chairs scattered around it (as per the main picture). It's long enough and deep enough to be a lap pool, if that's your thing, or you can just hang out in the connecting hot tub. It's also literally in the middle of town. There isn't much you can't walk to from here.

The food in the restaurant is some of the best in town. I don't know what the other reviewer was talking about being a "mexican" restaurant because they aren't (used to be, but that was a few years back). True, they also don't serve Khmer food, but they don't advertise themselves as such so that's a silly point to make.

If you like steak, baby back ribs and wings then the restaurant is the best in town. Period. There is a pool table and two large televisions in the bar/restaurant area that show everything from rugby to American football and real football. The girls who work behind the bar, Khmer during the day and US and Australian (I think- girls don't hate me if I'm wrong!) are outstanding. Customer service is the best I have had anywhere in town. The beer is cold, the bar is very well stocked, especially with tequila, and they make an outstanding margarita.

The owner, Tim, is a former US Marine and has lived in Cambodia for roughly 25 years. He is incredibly friendly, ready to give you recommendations on anywhere you'd care to go in town and where not to go. Talking to him over beers at the bar has been a highlight of my trip. Pretty much everyone in town knows him and with good reason - one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever met, in Sihanoukville or anywhere else.

If you want great service, clean rooms and an overall outstanding experience stay here. Families, single travelers, couples etc. doesn't matter. It's wonderful for anyone. Can you find nicer hotels? Yes, but you'll pay three or four times the price. Can you find cheaper? Yes, but you get what you pay for. At roughly $30 a night you cannot beat the combination of service and amenities. Having stayed at the Soukha hotel last time I was here I would not stay anywhere else except the Reef on future trips.

Bravo, Tim and Da, keep up the good work!!

Room Tip: There's no bad room. It's worth a little extra if you want to stay on the first (or ground floor) next to the pool. You can walk out of your room and dive right in.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business