“Great food, even better atmosphere!”
Review of The Gypsies - CLOSED

The Gypsies
Price range: US$2 - US$3
Cuisines: European, Cafe
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My girlfriend and I felt very welcome here! The owners are very friendly and the food is among the best in Sihanoukville.

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank JohnoTravels
Vasco R, Owner at The Gypsies, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello John,

We are happy that you enjoy our place and our food!
Step by step the Gypsies will be always better place to be, we working now on a new evening menu and delicious cocktails. We will be glad to see you and your girlfriend again here.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Great food, everything we tried was excellent. The owner is very friendly, the atmosphere is nice.
One of the best sandwiches I've ever tried! I really really recommend this place! The only restaurant I ate at multiple times in Sihanoukville!
Everything is cooked fresh as you order it, for an extremely affordable price considering what you get!

Date of visit: July 2014
1  Thank Jessica444
Vasco R, Owner at The Gypsies, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for your nice words, we are happy that you enjoy our place and our food. We are now working on a new evening menu and delicious cocktails.
We hope to see you again soon by the Gypsies to share that with you!

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We went to the gypsies for breakfast found a great menu, which they source all fresh ingredients themselves and everything you order is prepared fresh., which can take a little longer but the end result is absolutely amazing, we returned for dinner the same evening and the pasta was to die for the best I have tasted! The prices are very reasonable for the quality you get. I hope we pass by Sihanoukville again just to eat here and chat with the lovely couple. Claire.

Date of visit: June 2014
2  Thank clairol27
Vasco R, Owner at The Gypsies, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Hello Claire,

Thank you for your kind words..
We are happy that you enjoy our food and our place. We are still thinking how to improve our kitchen to keep quality and reduce the waiting time.
We hope to welcome you again by the Gypsies..

Vasco & Dagmara

Reviewed 14 June 2014

I stayed at the Gypsies for almost a week (it was supposed to be just two nights). The Gypsies is run by a lovely couple who have really put their stamp on the place. It's been beautifully decorated and had a real high end boutique feel but very reasonably priced. Many room looked gorgous all very light walls massive high ceilings and the owners have decorated to a high standard.

They make many fresh cakes and treats throughout the day so always something tempting to eat :) they really have a great menu and they make everything themselves and with love.

The rooftop is beautiful and the owner even let me practice my yoga up there in the mornings.

I found The Gypsies by chance and so glad I did the owners were so friendly and helpful it really felt like a little home.

I'd strongly recommend it's very cheap for what you get & I wish them well for the future and think they have a really great business :)

Kate, 29 England

Date of visit: May 2014
2  Thank KMWillis
Vasco R, General Manager at The Gypsies, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Kate,

Thank You very much for staying with us ! It was a pleasure to host you, we are happy to know that you like out little guesthouse. Step by step we make our place more beautiful, I hope that by your next visit our garden on the roof top will be ready and we can practice yoga together.
We wish you all the best & you are always WELCOME by The Gypsies.
Namaste :)

Dagmara & Vasco

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Very good place for hangup with friends,the food is amazing,the staff friendly and the beer tasty :)!!!!! They have a great rooftop where you can hang around with friends.

Date of visit: June 2014
1  Thank Tommy S
Vasco R, Owner at The Gypsies, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Hello Tomy,
Thank you for sharing your opinion with us! We are happy that you enjoy our place and our food!
You are now part of the Gypsies family!
See you soon!