“Backpacker Hotel right on the beach. Basic but what a beach.”

Tranquility Guesthouse
Ranked #71 of 228 Sihanoukville B&B and Inns
Seal Beach, California
“Backpacker Hotel right on the beach. Basic but what a beach.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

OK, this is basic, but so cool location. Right on Serendipity Beach and fun. The manager is English and a great guy, you will like him! Its rooms are hostel quality with a/c. But it is cheap, in the middle of everything, and you are getting more than you are paying for. I would certainly go again. Clean, and did I mention, right on the beach. Enough said.

Room Tip: I would go there again anytime!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank dan t

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Vientiane, Laos
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

The guesthouse is located right on the beach front which is very nice and relaxing. Walking distance to the beach bars and restaurants. The rooms are very run down but the bed is comfortable and has air conditioning and a fan. The bathrooms are a let down with water leaks everywhere and you have to dispose your toilet paper into a bin which I don't like doing. Breakfast is ok with a very simple menu to choose from. At night with near by bars, you can hear every beat to early hours in the morning. I guess for $25.00 USD a night its a good guesthouse to stay at. Would only recommend for budget travellers as if you are a couple then go further up the beach.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Sean W
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

This guesthouse has been sold and is going to be under new owners in the next few days.
We booked this on line and the reviews are very good and the food was also supposed to be very good...The bar and restaurant are NOT open.
The rooms themselves are a little run down and very plain.
The room also did not come with soap.
I would check if the new owners have things up and running before you stay.
On a good note the owner and the staff are very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank theeyesoftheworld
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Had no problems at all. Other comments about electricity have been sorted by new power station being swithed on!!! No power cuts except sceduled maintenance for 15 minutes but owner switched on generator so always had power. Fantastic food BIG PLATE helping, great selection. Happy stay.

Room Tip: some rooms have 2 king size beds - great for travellers sharing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Richard O
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

I arrived in Sihanoukville at 7am in the morning after catching the sleeper bus from Siem Reap. Three of my friends and I had not booked accomodation in advance but hoped we could find somewhere on Serendipity beach. We came across Tranquility guesthouse which was perfectly located in the quieter part of the beach. Luckily they had a large room available with A/C, hot shower and a tv. We were allowed into the room immediately and it was very reasonably priced! The owner was friendly, informative and helpful. The meals we had were well prepared. I just wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank DunedinCat
Howth, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here and made some good French and German friends whom I continued to travel with. It is comfortable, cheap and the beer/food is good value.

So you are in a developing country and on the beach so it is not the five star full service experience you are after - but authenticity.

If you want to party (note - Sihanoukville is a party village for tourists) you can - but if you want to chill out and just go to the beach - you can do this also. Tranquility is far enough away from the noise of any partying but close enough to go and have some fun if you want also. We arrived late in the evening in a torrential downpour and Tranquility Guest-house was the first place that we went to that did not take advantage of the fact we were desperate for a room.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank ColinForker
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2013

I planned to stay 2 weeks because of the nice location BUT.... the first day, all day no power so no fan, no water, couldn't even flush the toilet. No generator, I thought but in the evening when the owners wanted power they turned on an ancient noisy generator. Generator was apparently not warranted for mere paying guests .
I am am elderly lady travelling alone and was shocked to wake at 2.30 am to find my door open and a man standing beside my bed. He pushed me , grabbed my Ipad and cash and ran.
The owners had gone to their home, I was completely alone.
I managed to eventually find the so called security guards who spoke no english, and must have been asleep. The manager woke up and decided I must have left the door open!!!!!!!!! Apparently the thief got his hand through a barred window and reached the door bolt and opened it.
It was 7am before the owner turned up, advised me it was a waste of time to call the police, offerred no sympathy or concern, not even a coffee to calm my shattered nerves and finally actually charged me for the room. I still have nightmares about my stay at "Tranquility" and the callous unconcern of the owners.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank jill c

Travellers are raving about these Sihanoukville hotels